The Ever-Changing Song Book

by Cimarrona 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Do they still have that 'precious gifts from God our children are'? Vomit-making.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Brown song book? I actually remember the old Pink song book!!!!

Yes, there was one before the pink.

• Room 215
    Room 215
    Generally the new songs reflect a shift away from praising God and Jesus, towards self-adulation, behavioral modification and propagandistic appeal to emotions.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ Xanthippe:

Nope. They played that song TO DEATH. Now it's "old light".

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

OMG, the new songbook, dreadful!! Absolutely dreadful, the worst!!!

I think the old songbook was called, "Sing Praises to Jehovah", the new songbook should be called, "Sing Praises to the Governing Body"!!!

And don't even get me started about the music, they all sound like funeral dirges, only not even that elegant or pretty. The music sounds all wrong, the words are forced to fit the music, no logical or beautiful rhythm to it, just terrible and awkward.

And the melody, if you want to call it that, doesn't fit expectations of how you would sing a song. Where you would expect the music to lift and sound elevated, it dips low, it's like the music is constantly sinking.... and the songs are filled with weird chord progressions (though they always have been, even in the old brown songbook) whch makes them difficult to play and sing along with.

The songs sound sad, depressing, and all the same. And the congregation sings them that way, too. One of my last acts of defiance before I stopped going to meetings was to belt those crappy songs out as loud as I could, haha. It was cool to sing "angry" but I didn't care in the least. I caught a few looks of surprise, but nobody said anything to me. They probably didn't know what to make of somebody practically screaming their stupid songs at them. Ha!

• btlc
  • wifibandit
  • Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

BUT DO YALL REMEMBER WHEN PRINCE DID THAT CD OF KINGDOM MELODY COVERS THOUGH??? They were all the rage. At least amongst black witnesses. That was until the GB sent out a letter ordering that we not listen to them anymore.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The next song book will be Sing Praises to The Faithful Slave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit