NEED HELP! WTS accusing Dirtclod.com of copyright infringement

by Jourles 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

All of us will just have to wait and see what the future brings. It is even going to surprise me. ---As I have been told.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Ok, I just got off the phone with Ray Franz asking him about the letters he reproduced in CoC regarding the brothers in Mexico bribing the military officials. He said that he never heard anything from the Society about printing these letters, but then again, he mentioned that they would also not likely want to draw attention to them for obvious reasons. He mentioned the original copyright's being attached to the letters due to them just being written(we all knew that). He thought it was odd that the Society would say something about copyright infringement since it only draws attention to the letters. We chatted about a few other things not relevant to the BOE letters and made tentative plans to meet in September.

I still have yet to hear from my ISP regarding this alleged copyright infringement and even made a call to the ISP directly to talk with the person handling this issue. He wasn't in. I will try later this afternoon.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Keep it up Jourles. They'll step in it if they keep it up.Until then I wouldn't change a thing, maybe they are just trying to scare you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe they were just saber-rattling... they wanted to try to scare you into doing what they want when they really have no intention doing anything because it will draw too much attention.

JWs like to say that XJWs are liars and alter digital images to make it look like the WTS said one thing when it really said another... if the WTS complains about the items on your web site then that means that they are accurate reproductions of WTS material.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hey Obi, I actually restored the gallery and will plan on keeping it up and going until I see on Watchtower letterhead the alleged copyright infringing items.

The more digging I do and the more people I speak to, it is beginning to sound like a rogue witness did this. I wouldn't be suprised to read on a pro-witness board somewhere about them high-fiving themselves on shutting down part of an *apostate* site. It also wouldn't shock me to hear that a forged email address like "[email protected]" was used in sending an email to my ISP. I will be giving my ISP a call later this afternoon again to see what the deal is.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Alright, my ISP will be faxing me tomorrow a copy of the complaint. I'm sure everyone is as anxious as me to see what they said. From his comments, it appears that they may have indeed sent a letter rather than an email. Look for it here tomorrow...

• Scully
    Scully

If anyone needs a complaint of copyright infringement against them, it's this guy:

http://www.jsdl17335.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/newdawn.htm

Frankly, I'd be quite happy to personally submit such a complaint on behalf of the WTS in this instance. IrishDancinJames needs a slap upside his head.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56584/830682/post.ashx#830682

Love, Scully

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** BARF ***

Oh great! Thanks Scully! You made me loose another tasty dinner!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Some of the BOE letters were instrumental in helping me realize how abysmal the Society's handling of the child abuse cases is.

You are doing a wonderful work, Jourles. If--God forbid--you should need the services of a lawyer, I am sure that many here--myself certainly included--would be happy to donate towards the costs.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

An older example of Watchtower getting a site shut down.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit