Avoiding Service Tips?

by Kohanic 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Haven't read all the posts but kudos to you for not wanting to spread lies.

My suggestion? Do return visits alone as much as possible and when you are alone... do absolutely nothing what you don't want to do.

Good luck, please let us know how you're doing and what suggestions worked for you.

• Kohanic
    Kohanic

@cha ching

yeah my family usually goes with me, though since its been cold here my step dad does early morning and my mom comes out with me for the group. I'll just say Im not going some days and other days when she conveniently doesnt go I'll just head to a coffee shop with a sketchbook or something.

• Kohanic
    Kohanic

@Xanthippe

I suppose I could try, I've already gone into immense detail with her about it and that didnt seem to work. Yeah service has always freaked me out, even going to work gives me panic attacks. I'll see how I can raise more awareness about it and skirt around service.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Don't worry, the odds of actually influencing anyone by means of the preaching work is practically non existent anyway. 😉

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

See how jw mags and books that you can trash

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Eat onions before you go out and get right in the faces of the elders and if they offer you a mint or gum tell them no thank you, I don't believe Jesus chewed gum or a mint when out in the ministry....I guarantee they will not be looking forward in working with you in service, they may give a talk on bad breath in the KH but stick to your guns with onion breath. If that don't work just lie, hell they have lied to you for years.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

Get up an hour earlier in the morning telling your parents you are doing "early morning" service and go to starbucks.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Tell everyone at the field service group that you are going to do your return visits rather than first call. Add that they are very wary of strangers and you have taken ages to build up a rapport with them, so you need to go back on your own.

Then head to the nearest café or bar in the opposite direction of where the rest are going out on first call.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

just say you are going on return visits and that your interested folk do not want anybody else to call on them so you have to go alone .

And then do whatever grabs your fancy

I knew an Elder who got away with that for years ,no he wasn`t an apostate he just hated doing D2D work.

• zeb
    zeb

school assignments!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit