Michael Jackson's mom on his disassociation

by neat blue dog 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My daughter claims she never believed it, but the JW's visited her often, so that was her motivation.

I think there are a lot of JW's who are in it for that reason. It's their only social network. And frankly, most JW's are sincere and kind people. (Sure some are a$$holes, esp the pompous ass big shots who love the power and limelight.)

My elderly mother has begun to have a lot of doubts. She has come to realize she is not going to live forever. That was a lie. She is aware of all the child abuse issues and has mostly stopped contributing as she doesn't want her money to cover those lawsuits (and because she has given plenty in her lifetime). But I would hate for her to leave The Truth™ now. It is her "everything". Her friends are there (at least the ones not in the cemetery). The young families/people really cater to her and even offer assistance as she has been decades in that Cong and fortunately she is not a cranky old bitch.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    There was strong opposition to his "Thriller" video on the part of some Witnesses.

'Some witnesses'? As I recall, the GB itself warned us not to buy or listen to the album. Jackson put a statement at the beginning of the Thriller video to state that making the video did not imply that he believed in the occult. I think he was still trying to walk an impossible tightrope at the time. Looks like his mom had to work around a similar fine line-- she would not have wanted to get the GB upset, I guess.

• MissFit
    MissFit
    "She was a very social person, so it meant a lot to her to have the dubs visit, which they did quite often. Some of them spent a lot of time with her. They were "wasting" precious time when they could have been preaching!

Mum:sorry to say, they weren't wasting precious time, they were counting that time. Easy way to round out your hour or to begin counting time. Stop by to"encourage" and start your time.

• VIII
    VIII

My Mom and her whole family shunned their “Evil Slave” grandmother (My Great-Grandmother) who gave up being a JW in the 1950’s!

However, that same family had no problem NOT shunning any of the DFd children they had. I just walked away and they have never addressed it other than to ask when I’m coming back to the meetings…45 years later! 😂

They are a bunch of hypocrites and loony toons.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

To be fair, I think it was a good thing that the distanced themselves when they did. With all the controversy, both when he was alive and when he was dead, all the bad press that would of resulted.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Biahi - They don’t hold wealthy donors to the same standards as the lower income people.

Nuff said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit