Parents allowed girl to stay with man who molested her

by StinkyPantz 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Police: Parents allowed girl to stay with man who molested her
    Associated Press

HOPEWELL, Pa. - A couple allowed a relative who had been convicted of molesting their 10-year-old daughter to babysit the girl, police said.

Police have charged the parents, who live in Hopewell, with endangering the welfare of a child for allowing Ronald E. Dodson, 53, of Saxton, to watch the girl two years after he was convicted of molesting her.

Dodson was charged with aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault for allegedly fondling and molesting the girl twice on May 31 in two Bedford County apartments.

Dodson, who is the father's uncle, was sentenced in 2001 to four years' probation and a $500 fine. He was still on probation when he allegedly molested the girl this spring.

The father was ordered to stand trial during a preliminary hearing Wednesday.

His attorney, Donley Logue, said his client might have made a mistake, but did not knowingly endanger his daughter. (Wtf?!?!)

"I will concede that he may have been negligent in allowing this man to oversee the child for a couple hours. But you have to prove that he knowingly endangered the child," Logue said. "He thought (Dodson) had turned over a new leaf. He made an error in judgment about a person who was supposed to be rehabilitated and on probation."

A preliminary hearing for the mother, who faces the same charge as her husband, was rescheduled. The Associated Press could not find a telephone number for the parents and could not immediately reach them for comment Thursday.

There were no telephone numbers listed under Dodson's name in the Saxton area and he could not be reached for comment. It was unclear whether he had an attorney.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/6428319.htm

• Elsewhere
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well on the surface of it, I dont see why Dodson should comment, hes already been convicted and punished. Hes done his time. As to the father, maybe he talked with the man and feels hes reformed. I dont see why the father should necessarily stand trial as a criminal.

Unless of course there are facts I dont know. That could change my perspective.

• onacruse
    onacruse
    He thought (Dodson) had turned over a new leaf. He made an error in judgment about a person who was supposed to be rehabilitated

I can't see how in the world this is relevant. Sure, there is some slight possibility that a paedophile can rehabilitate, but for someone to put a previous victim under the perps care? And your own child, at that?

Good Lord.

Craig

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Upon a re read I notice that the perp has (allegedly) struck again. Thats a different matter. But I still hold my view about the nephew. The bonds of kinship are strong, he might have genuinely felt his uncle was redeemed and given the man the benefit of the doubt..

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

There is no known cure for pedophiles. Once a pedophile always a pedophile. I say cut it off.

• gambit
    gambit

Refiner --

IMHO... How could you possibly ever trust someone again after they molested your daughter... BLOOD relative being the worst. And to boot, not only did he trust him, he allowed the same child to be in his care !!! I am not an incest/molestation victim, but this is utterly sick ! My BROTHER slapped my son once hard enough to leave a mark, that was 20 years ago... HE HAS NEVER BEEN ALONE WITH HIM SINCE !!! Am I overprotective ? Not when it comes to issues of abuse... and to think what this girl is going through RELIVING the event tears me apart inside. I don't care how reformed this individual is, that was sick, self-centered parental judgement... The parent should be repriminded and woke up... as for the uncle, he was on probation and should have told the parents he couldn't... THATS THE LAW MAN !!! He hasn't paid his dues until he can prove he can follow the law... I say do something with him, but I haven't a clue what

gambit

• teejay
    teejay

Some people are absolutely amazing.

A man -- ANY man, relative or not -- that even THINKS about molesting my daughter will be lucky to keep living, let alone in my home or anywhere near my daughter. There are some f**ked up people in this world...

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

My opinions and judgements on matters arent susceptible to current popular hysteria and social programming.

If a mother can believe her son, a former murderer, can be reformed and has left his former course behind, then why cant a son believe his fathers brother ( an uncle he may well be very fond of) has remodelled himself ? Of course its concievable that he might believe that.

By what criteria can some one state "Paedophiles are iredeemable" or "Paedophlies should have it amputated", as persons have done in this thread, yet that person may well be opposed to the death penalty for murder? Paedophiles, like "terrorists" are just a currently popular "internal enemy" , a class for society to focus its hate upon.A "goldstein". An "issue" for society to focus upon.

And you are all swallowing the spiel as fast as its fed to you.You are perfect members of society. Believing the party line with all the violence of belief ,emotional commitment and righteous justification, that they could ever wish of you.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

One of my service technicians left his toolbox onsite at a job he attended yesterday. When he returned to pick it up, the police were there. Some nut onsite who was fully programmed with current hystria about "terrorism" saw a foreign object in the kitchen ( a toolbox) and thought "bomb". Now thats what I call programming! Lol.

Wake up for gawds sake....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit