new strategy to turn in your time in Japan

by yoko N 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

"Back in the day" we used to tape Watchtowers to the inside of the back window of the car as we traveled to the summer assembly.

It was mainly to recognize fellow JWs who were traveling on the same highway.

We should have been counting the time! D'oh! I could have been a pioneer!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    sir82
    "Back in the day" we used to tape Watchtowers to the inside of the back window of the car as we traveled to the summer assembly.

Same in germany. As kids we looked into every car - searching for a WT - driving along the "Autobahn"

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Nice to have someone from Japan on the forum here to give us an international flavour and perspective.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Yoko thank you for the news from Japan.

• steve2
    steve2

I think the JWs are being brave - or stupid - to put JW.org branding on their vehicles.

For starters, Satan and his henchmen will be able to identify them with little effort.

On the plus side, when Armageddon strikes, Jesus and the Heavenly forces will know which cars to save from the earthwide cataclysm, plucking cars with JW.org off the endangered highways. Any spare ones I can use?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Sometimes it's easy to get carried away! Years ago in California, there were places that would paint your car if you'd be willing to let them put an ad on. Many of the paint jobs were great, but few of them were tasteful.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    tor1500: Could it really be true...but I was told if you stop for lunch and leave a magazine or tract on the table in site...count it....I guess this is the advertise advertise era...AGAIN...

So, I've been told that in Japan they are under preaching ban..

Don't think so, you may be confusing Japan with either China or North Korea.

• Chook
    Chook

One of my life's biggest epiphanies was when it dawn on me that there was no way in the world Christ would have preformed paper work in first century. The whole publisher debacle is because your become a slave to a book printing publishing company.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Fulltimestudent,

Thanks for correcting me...I couldn't remember.

But it is true, I was having lunch one day and the sister told me that...Sad isn't it...it's all about the counting time and being seen....

Did anyone see Independent day and when the aliens came there was a whole bunch of people welcoming the aliens and begging them to take the earthlings...like they have been waiting for this moment all the while, well the alien ship did take'em....they obliterated them...This is how I see this placing JW literature in site...they are waiting for Jesus's 2nd coming, or is it his third, can't remember which, but he's coming...

Wonder what Jehovah is thinking of all of this ? If he's paying attention at all.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit