My own mother would rather see my death

by GetMeOutofHere 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    to hear my own mother verbalize it on a gentle walk in the woods was painful to say the least

This is normal for people who are totally deceived. Don't take it personal. Learn to fight fire with fire. Learn to ask good biblical questions that can get her to think.

Here's a few:

1. Why was the first gentile Christian (Cornelius) baptized while an active-duty Roman army officer?

2. If the New Covenant is "for the forgiveness of sins" as clearly stated in Mt. 26: 27,28...how do we get our sins forgiven if we personally reject it?

3. Are there any new testament examples of ANYONE getting their sins forgiven outside of that contract?

4. If we can't find any examples of people getting their sins forgiven by rejecting the new covenant, when did this practice start? Did it start with the Watchtower society?

5. If this "good news" was started 18 centuries after the apostles, is that a different message or different gospel that what the apostles offered to people?

6. If it is different, why does the stern warnings and curses at Gal. 1: 8 & 9 not apply to the Watchtower?

7. Why does the bible teach that we will all be personally judged AFTER we die in Hebrews 9: 27 while the Watchtower teaches that we all get a clean slate when we die?

8. If we are judged after we die, does it concern you that you reject the new covenant which specifically states that it is for the purpose of "forgiveness of sins"? (Mt. 26: 27-28)

9. Why does the Watchtower teach that the New Covenant is for government positions in God's Kingdom and not for "forgiveness of sins".

10. How does a person go about getting their sins forgiven outside of the new covenant when Isaiah 64: 6 declares "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags".

11. If not only our sins, but also all of our good deeds are as filthy rags, how does a person achieve a righteous standing in the sight of God? By works or faith?

12. If faith, faith in whom?

13. Why does the Watchtower refer to itself as "The Truth" when Jesus said that it was he who was The Way, The Truth & The Life?

14. Jesus said in Mt. 24: 5, "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many". Does it concern you that the Watchtower specifically takes one of the titles of Jesus (The Truth) and applies that title to itself?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Best advice from councilors experienced in high control groups and cults is to be loving and discreet, brief but honest if asked direct questions. It will, if nothing else, impress them that you do not have an agenda to 'corrupt' them or 'lead them astray'. Be resolved in your own mind and rehearse answers that are kind without any tinge of bitterness or anger. Change the subject gently without making waves if controversial topic arises. Many JWs have maintained a relationship with family that have left because of this loving and insightful approach. It might just result in helping the JW see through the programming and realize their loved one has not become something evil and someone to fear.

• zeb
    zeb

please dear friends, so often 'mothers' come up saying such things and I am reminded that when they have an age/ health related collapse it is the non jw offspring who rally to the cause of running them around, taking them to doctors or shopping.

If in the future these parents come begging for money suggest they should speak to their elders,or write to the society for their needs and leave it there.

Peacefulpete... well said.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think most of us who have been parents of children would have said much the same thing at one time but look where we are today ?

I wouldn`t stress too much about it .

By still maintaining a good relationship with your mom you can always use reverse theocratic warfare on her.

For example: Hi mom I got into a discussion with this old lady today about religion today and she asked me to show her in the New Testament a scripture where Christians were to be Witnesses of Jehovah ?

Do you know of any ?

And when none can be found : why is that ?

But look what we did find about 20 scriptures that say Christians are to be witnesses of Jesus ? Not one saying Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah.

• rickroll
    rickroll

I would tell my mom as long as she is in a mind control cult i can no associate with her.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

When I was in my mid twenties I worked with a jw slightly younger than me who had been recently disfellowshipped.

I happened to be in the same cong as his mother and I was talking to her one night at the meeting and asked her how it was going with her df'd son.

She told me that her son 'was nothing, just a nothing'.

Hard to believe a mother that carried her son in her own body could say something like that.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The pressure that the WT puts on people, causes some serious problems. Just living up to their rules and guidelines to get into paradise is an impossible task for the sensitive ones.

My younger sister who is unfortunately brittle and stuck in this religion, expressed one day, that she had thought of putting her children in the car with her and driving off a cliff. Just so they (because there were some problems with them) would be able to be resurrected and live in paradise. She thought she wouldn't make it but it was ok as long as they did.

She is the same person that hard shuns her daughter now for leaving the "truth"

The WT is cruel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit