to hear my own mother verbalize it on a gentle walk in the woods was painful to say the least
This is normal for people who are totally deceived. Don't take it personal. Learn to fight fire with fire. Learn to ask good biblical questions that can get her to think.
Here's a few:
1. Why was the first gentile Christian (Cornelius) baptized while an active-duty Roman army officer?
2. If the New Covenant is "for the forgiveness of sins" as clearly stated in Mt. 26: 27,28...how do we get our sins forgiven if we personally reject it?
3. Are there any new testament examples of ANYONE getting their sins forgiven outside of that contract?
4. If we can't find any examples of people getting their sins forgiven by rejecting the new covenant, when did this practice start? Did it start with the Watchtower society?
5. If this "good news" was started 18 centuries after the apostles, is that a different message or different gospel that what the apostles offered to people?
6. If it is different, why does the stern warnings and curses at Gal. 1: 8 & 9 not apply to the Watchtower?
7. Why does the bible teach that we will all be personally judged AFTER we die in Hebrews 9: 27 while the Watchtower teaches that we all get a clean slate when we die?
8. If we are judged after we die, does it concern you that you reject the new covenant which specifically states that it is for the purpose of "forgiveness of sins"? (Mt. 26: 27-28)
9. Why does the Watchtower teach that the New Covenant is for government positions in God's Kingdom and not for "forgiveness of sins".
10. How does a person go about getting their sins forgiven outside of the new covenant when Isaiah 64: 6 declares "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags".
11. If not only our sins, but also all of our good deeds are as filthy rags, how does a person achieve a righteous standing in the sight of God? By works or faith?
12. If faith, faith in whom?
13. Why does the Watchtower refer to itself as "The Truth" when Jesus said that it was he who was The Way, The Truth & The Life?
14. Jesus said in Mt. 24: 5, "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many". Does it concern you that the Watchtower specifically takes one of the titles of Jesus (The Truth) and applies that title to itself?