My own mother would rather see my death

by GetMeOutofHere 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• GetMeOutofHere
    GetMeOutofHere

Apparently, according to my mother, the worst thing that could happen to me is not dying in a car crash or getting cancer but instead would be me leaving Jehovah and his organization. I of course realize this is the position of JWs but to hear my own mother verbalize it on a gentle walk in the woods was painful to say the least. Needless to say, I cannot tell her I am mentally out.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

this form of high control rarely works long term. usually ends up with mother dying as a lonely and bitter loveless fool.

• tiki
    tiki

Sad...she is completely immersed in cult mentality....difficult. If I were in your shoes I would endeavor to talk about anything but religion....do things together that are interesting...fun...but not JW related.... Good luck!

• sir82
    sir82

Well of course, to a true-believing JW, if you die "faithful", you get an automatic resurrection, while if you leave the organization and Armageddon comes, you are eternally annihilated.

Irrational beliefs lead to irrational conclusions.

• GetMeOutofHere
    GetMeOutofHere

Kind words and advice. Thank you.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Your relationship with your Mum is your own of course but please reconsider speaking to her. She may surprise you - maternal love is very powerful! Then again she may live up to your worst fears but without communicating you'll never know.

Good luck.

• Half banana
    Half banana

GMOH that is just appalling. How sad for you and how dreadful that the JW organisation promotes this heartless attitude. Governing body first, family feelings last.

Remember it is heroic in supporting "God's loving organisation" by being hostile to your non-believing children. (vomit!)

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Apparently, according to my mother, the worst thing that could happen to me is not dying in a car crash or getting cancer but instead would be me leaving Jehovah and his organization.

She doesn't seem to realize that there is something worse. What about leaving the Organization, getting cancer and then dying in a car crash.

Oh, I forgot, if that was to happen, you would make it into paradise earth, because death absolves all sins.

(Romans 6:23) . . .For the wages sin pays is death, . . .

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

This is the main reason I decided to do research on the Watchtower. There is no good reason for people to turn their backs on their children, or look past their suffering regardless of what the reason it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When your own mother says things like that you know you're in a cult. I'm so sorry, I know it hurts. When I wanted to get pregnant I phoned my mother to see if I'd had the Rubella jab and asked her if she was happy about the prospect. She said she wouldn't get close to any child of mine because it didn't have any future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit