Repercussions for sexual immorality

by Veryconflicted 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It sounds like you are asking for permission to take revenge by getting her in trouble with the elders. I don’t support this kind of revenge just as I don’t support engaging the JW legal system in any way that implies it has legitimacy. The JW woman sounds like a nasty piece of work, but you’ve hardly covered yourself in glory either. And I wouldn’t advise apologising to the husband if I were you for 1) he probably wouldn’t care about your apology, or 2) you may get a more robust response than you bargain for. Best to learn from this and move on.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Did she invite you up to see her aquarium?

(Some will get the reference )

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@ veryconflicted

You have received some good advice...move on.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Think of how many loved ones this woman is deceiving and lying to. Not someone you want to be with, she will do the same to you.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I like what slim says ,I would take his avice and move on.

• JWPrince
    JWPrince

Moving on with your life should have nothing to do with confronting her family about her behavior. Perhaps you should get some counseling to help you deal with the loss of this woman you love in a way that would enable you to move on with your life and cope with the stress you are experiencing. Any attempt to contact her ex husband or involve her family in outing her as your lover is going to put you in the category of being a stalker. It's going to be interpreted as hurtful, vengeful, etc. She ended it. Not well, but she ended it. The question now is, how are you going to cope with that? That really should be your focus.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Kick that hoe to the kerb.

• Veryconflicted
    Veryconflicted

I am certainly not looking for an excuse for revenge, or to justify revenge. It has been over 5 months and I just want to move on, but I am burdened with a lot of guilt. I should have been more clear, I wish I could apologize to the ex husband, I want to do that so I can stop feeling guilty about that aspect of it, but I know it's not a good idea. He was not a JW but she married him young and went through the process of dealing with all that (apparently it's a real pain) so she could still be a practicing JW. I don't know about JW rules or practices, that is why I'm asking about this situation here. It seems I'm worrying too much about running in to her and letting my emotions get best of me. The last thing I want to do is say something that will get her in trouble. The reason I am trying to be considerate of this is because i will always love and care for her, I wish that was not the case, but right now it seems my heart is set. Also, revenge is not something I want to be a part of. I have a lot of guilt about her ex husband, can't imagine how is feel of something I said got her in trouble. Again, I genuinely appreciate all the feedback, and I truly can't wrap my head around some of the JW ideology. It seems to be a very difficult faith to uphold. Thank you all again for the insight

• oppostate
    oppostate

I am a bit skeptical of the whole story. Sounds "strange" for sure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit