Repercussions for sexual immorality

by Veryconflicted 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

What do you want out of the relationship? If she doesn't want the same thing, which it seems she just wants to have fun, then you can either live with it or move on. Either way is your decision, either way is hard.

She can't come out to her family about you or anything else, she would lose them, it's that simple. JW will expel anyone that is not associating with other JW's.

She would have to love you enough to give up all her family and friends. That's a big ask and you don't understand that aspect of her life, it's easier for her to hide than to do whatever she does with you.

Be honest with her and yourself, you are part of that life, as long as she wants to go to the Kingdom Hall and pretend she is a Witness, you can't be part of that part of her life and the other side can be crazy because if you've lived that long inside a cult, anything going on outside is going to be exciting and new. She's mentally a 16 year old without parents - I've been there.

If you're looking for a monogamous classic commitment then you're probably not going to get it. She won't marry you because she can't tell her family. She won't stay with you because it's too much fun moving around and she has extreme fears about being pinned down again.

If she was married and they are JWs, you have no idea the mental and psychological abuse women go through within the cult. That is the first thing that she has to overcome.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

welcome to the site.

it sounds to me like you have had a very lucky escape. how about a change of job...in a new location...make a complete new start.

• Simon
    Simon

Technically, no one faces any repercussions for anything other than refusing to be sorry and suitably prostrate themselves before the elders and the WTS. Give up your self-will and hand over control of your life to them, and they'll rubber-stamp any transgression.

• Veryconflicted
    Veryconflicted

I am very moved by all of the advice and time taken to respond. I honestly can't thank you all enough, I'm totally floored. I need to find a way to move on. She is the only person I ever want to be with. I just need to come to terms with the reality of the situation. I will be reading these pieces of advice for weeks to come, over and over, trying to come to terms with this. I simply can not thank you all enough for taking time to help a stranger. What a wonderful group you are. Thank you.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Unless you are into kinky the marks are a red flag. Or she has been beaten up. There is no future there. It may have been fun while it lasted but get out

Akso maybe be tested for STDs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I think the biggest issue here is why, after all she's done to you and others, you'd still think she's worth pursuing.

If I told you that I was in love with a woman who is cheating on her husband to be with me and was also sleeping other men besides me, was lying to her family and was going from door to door preaching the Bible to people the whole time, you'd think I was crazy. You'd wonder why I was being so pathetic.

You say you feel guilty and would like to apologize to her husband and are worried about what you might say when you see her again especially if she is with her family members lest you her into trouble with her church. I think the reality is that on some level you hope this is exactly what happens so that you can (understandably) get back at her for what she's done to you. If you truly felt guilty about this relationship, you'd want nothing more to do with her. You'd be thanking your lucky stars that you were free of this horrible person. It's as simple as that.

You need to talk to a professional about this and find out why your self worth is so low that you'd allow yourself to be treated this way and to find out why you'd want to continue a relationship with someone who is so dishonest and mixed up.

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

Wait until the anger kicks in. Then you'll start to feel better.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

sounds like "Dissociative identity disorder (previously known as multiple personality disorder) is thought to be a complex psychological condition that is likely caused by many factors, including severe trauma during early childhood (usually extreme, repetitive physical, sexual, or emotional abuse)."

Being sexually abused as a child, they act it out in adult life with many sexual encounters. Both of you need counseling, but especially her.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/dissociative-identity-disorder-multiple-personality-disorder#1

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You can take the girl out of the Watchtower, but it's a lot harder to take the Watchtower out of the girl.

You should run like hell, However she does sound like an interesting girl. What's her phone number?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit