Are there any full preterists here?

by quincemyles 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

Are there any folks here who believe that Armageddon, the "second coming of Christ." the great tribulation and resurrection are past events rather than future?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Partial Preterist here.

Armageddon and the Great Tribulation - 1st century (Matthew 24: 1 - 35)

Parousia - Second Coming - future (Matthew 24: 36 - )

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

I am a full preterist. Glad to meet you Van.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Armageddon - Fear mongering word coined by a Psychopath.

"second coming of Christ - Even the first coming is still highly Suspicious.

great tribulation - Happened often in mankind's History but nothing to do with any Gods.

Resurrection - Not possible until now, unless man finds a way through medical science. All religious Books resurrections are Bogus

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you have to give it a name you can leave me out.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Preterists haven’t a clue.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Are there any folks here who believe that Armageddon, the "second coming of Christ." the great tribulation and resurrection are past events rather than future?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Hi. I consider myself a full preterist. I believe in IBV, not CBV. Nice to meet you.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I found Peterism very intriguing. I do believe the events talked about in the New Testament were events that happened before they were written about. I think someone was creating a history and a life for thier messiah.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I believe that everything Jesus prophecied in Matt. 24 was fulfilled, either literally or figuratively, within that literal generation, so I guess that makes me a full preterist as well. I'm not dogmatic though and always open to new points of view.

Vanderhoven7:

Not sure I understand your reasoning, seeing as verses 36 onward doesn't describe any further events, just seem to be elaborating on the timeline that ended in verse 35.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit