''This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth FULL STOP''- Matthew 24:14. JW ORG

by ThomasCovenant 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

After 103 years of "witnessing" Jehovah`s Witnesses have not come anywhere near having preached the" Good News of the kingdom in all the Inhabited Earth"

by my reckoning .

As regards population I would hazard a guess they have only preached to approximately somewhere between a quarter or maybe a third of the Inhabited earth if that.

And the way they are going now it can only get worse.

Just my 2 cents worth of observation.

• steve2
    steve2

It's actually just over 140 years of preaching because in 1876 the Watchtower Society became an incorporated body. By focusing on the time since 1914, they shave almost 40 years off their record of false alarms.

• waton
    waton

by claiming to be the sole dispenser of "spiritual food" since 1919 that frees them from anything published prior to that, potentially that covers ~ 6000 years of human bibliical history. Only their word matters for jws now. no w ay.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    steve2: because in 1876 the Watchtower Society became an incorporated body...

On February 16, 1881, Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society was formed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

On December 15, 1884, the society was incorporated as Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society

On September 19, 1896, the name of the corporation was changed to Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society

(my apologies for being pedantic, Steve)

• compound complex
    compound complex

From Bobcat (THANKS!):

Verse (Click for Chapter)
    New International Version
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

New Living Translation
    And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

English Standard Version
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Berean Study Bible
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Berean Literal Bible
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed in the whole earth, for a testimony to all the nations; and then the end will come.

New American Standard Bible
    "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

King James Bible
    And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    This good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come.

An Ellipsis at the Beginning or End of a Quotation Quote ellipsis bubble

In general, it is not necessary to use an ellipsis at the beginning or end of a quotation, even if you are quoting from the middle of a sentence. An exception is that you should include an ellipsis if, to prevent misinterpretation, you need to emphasize that the quotation begins or ends in midsentence. However, it is not usually necessary to do this. Here’s an example from an article about high-performing or “star” employees:

http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2015/05/punctuation-junction-quotation-marks-and-ellipses.html

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks OrphanCrow, you are not being pedantic. I appreciate knowing when the Watchtower (regardless of its exact name, given the changes in the earlier years). was first incorporated: 1881.

That means it has been doing its work for 136 years - still way more than the 100 or so it likes to promote.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    steve: the Watchtower...was first incorporated: 1881.

Okay, if you don't mind me being pedantic, Steve, I shall continue.

Not 1881. Incorporation didn't happen until 1884 (according to wiki). Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society was formed in 1881 but didn't incorporate until 1884.

Incidentally, it was in 1874 that the American church tax exemptions, for corporations of a religious nature, first came into force. Namely, property tax exemption. Tax exemptions for religious corporations would wind their way through the system until, in 1894, tax exemptions became written into statute.*

The WTS, regardless of its many names and configurations, is an organization that arose out of the American tax system and, throughout the years, it has continued to morph, evolve, and change into whatever is necessary in order to hold onto that precious tax exemption.

*https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/tehistory.pdf

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

They preach but no one have a clue what they are preaching, what is that good news about the Kingdom??? You ask people what do you know about JW's and they will say they seem OK but a little strange, they don't believe in Jesus....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit