Would you have done what Adam did?

by thinker11 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thinker11
    thinker11

I personally feel like I might have done the same thing Adam did when Eve offered him the fruit. When she offered him the fruit, he probably knew she already ate the fruit and in his mind:

There were 2 choices that Adam was faced with in that moment:

1) Reject Eve’s fruit and live forever on a paradise earth without your soul mate that you grew to love and respect.

2) Take the risk and live another 900 or something years with the love of your life.

Personally, considering we should love our wives as we would as our own body, I find that choosing #1 might be the more noble thing to do. I feel that God should understand if a husband were to love his wife more than anything else in the world? I mean, you become one with your wife, do you not?

Anyways, just an interesting thought I wanted to share. Laters zz. Personally who knows, maybe Adam would have told the snake to go away and maybe that’s why he went to Eve first. I Wish there were more details, it would really help people not argue over the stories of the bible so much.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    There were 2 choices that Adam was faced with in that moment:
    1) Reject Eve’s fruit and live forever on a paradise earth without your soul mate that you grew to love and respect.
    2) Take the risk and live another 900 or something years with the love of your life.

Choose #1 and see what other perfect creations God can make LOL

• Lieu
    Lieu

For all we know, Eve was only there 1 week before "the incident". She had to be relatively new off the rib if she didn't think a talking snake was odd.

But no. We're I Adam, I would have told her to put the fruit back and if any creatures speak to you stomp them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Choose #1 and see what other perfect creations God can make LOL.....JW_Rogue

.............................Image result for chimp in a bikini

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why are people living thousands of years later paying the price for their choices??

If the wages for sin is death, then Adam paid his price already...why do we all have the debt still?

• prologos
    prologos

The art of dinner conversations obviously developed later. Since his was the first threefold bond ( according to wt talk outlines) and Jah talked to them directly, why not the trio to have had a real discussion over the fruit plate about that,-- with all the scenarios (prophecies) laid out? It was not about continuing sex. That co-pulation  would have happened whether Adam ate or not. Had he not eaten, his would have been eternal sex with another perfect woman, ( a possible x-generation grand-ggg overlapping generation daughter) --for a perfect Jesus was produced out of mary, the "second Eve" so to speak. Perfect daughters would have born to eve. 

It is amazing what results, when you have a story that insults your intelligence. Talking snake and the creator walking in the garden in the breeze. cheese!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Maybe at that breezy time of day when Jehovah of Perverts was known to be out spying on his naked primate creations, instead of covering his genitals and hiding, Adam could have played it cool and just stayed full nude.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I have often thought about this exact scenario. One thing that I find, wrong with it, and there are many, is that really Adam, and especially Eve, were almost like children. They really had NO life experience. They were NOT even parents at this stage of the game.

If Adam was created as a perfect MAN, then he never had time to grow, and learn from childhood up. If you think about it, just because he was physically a "man", he would have been mentally an "infant" when first created. Logically the same would apply for Eve as well.

They were children, and the Genesis story heavily implies that the eating of the fruit occurred pretty early in the narrative. This again, gives tons of credence to the fact that both Adam and Eve were mere CHILDREN.

Who, and or what, was ALL these children knew? Well it was GOD himself. God was Daddy. God was Mommy. God raised them from creation, and taught them EVERYTHING.

Well, evidently, it seems as though he did a poor job. The FIRST time, a trial was put before them, they failed miserably. Can you imagine the first time your young child makes a serious mistake, you kicked them out of the house, and cursed them.

Adam and Eve, according to the Genesis narrative, were simply children, who were DECEIVED, and had NO knowledge of anything other than their creator. Sounds like a VERY harsh punishment for 2 innocent children, who were deceived by a being that was perhaps BILLIONS of years older than them, and of not only a higher intelligence, but was actually a HIGHER LIFEFORM.

The sicker thing about it, is that WE are paying the price, and WE were NOT even born perfect, and our lives are supposedly still being "deceived" by these billion year old, higher lifeforms, called angels/demons. DAMN, what chance do ANY have against this ?????

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Summoning Blondie -

I remember comments to the effect that Adam should have had faith in Sky-J that He would have created a substitute to replace the seduced Eve.

Any recollections to such a reference?

• smiddy
    smiddy

If I was Adam I would have gone straight to the tree of life and ate from that , stuff the tree of knowledge of good and bad , that would have become evident living forever. What a dickhead Adam was  , I thought he was perfect.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit