Memorial Prep question

by ExCircuitOverseer 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    I see nothing wrong in putting a lot of efforts into it.

So you'd recommend the Petrus over the Charles Shaw, then?

• Earnest
    Earnest

The Watchtower of December 15, 2013, page 24 para.7 says :

As there was no need for augmenting or fortifying the value of Jesus’ blood, the wine used is not a type fortified with brandy or spices. Plain red wine should be used, a homemade wine or a commercial wine, such as Beaujolais, Burgundy, or Chianti.

• St George of England
    St George of England

A letter was read last week at the midweek meeting that said there was no need to go to "extraordinary lengths" to obtain the emblems if there would be no partakers in the household.

The chairman then said that if anyone had problems they could contact their group overseer for assistance.

As has been said, it's not obligatory but you would be looked upon as very unspiritual if you didn't!

George

• cha ching
    cha ching

When I was still "in", I made the bread and brought the wine... Last time? I believe 2010.

Afterwards, my son would tell his friends "It's ok to taste the bread, it's just a symbol, and the ceremony is over... It's just bread, want to taste it?" We had so many happy kids tasting the bread.

:-)

• Overrated
    Overrated

My brother tells me that they will zoom it and he will have to pass the wine and bread to himself!??! No group settings? Seems odd. Seems ridiculous!

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

This time last year my father was in hospital (not covid) and a sister who works in the hospital smuggled the wine and bread in , so he could celebrate the memorial on zoom while in the hospital (veiwed himself as part of the great crowd) so didn't need to have them but it was important to him.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

How about people that have/had a problem with alcohol? Having it in their home seems tempting. There may even be some that are legally not allowed to have/buy it (eg. adults between 18-21 in the US).

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Incidentally, here is a web article on what wine would be like that was used at Passover time in the first century.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Interesting article.

Seems likely, then, that there were spices or other additives in the wine that Jesus used.

So why all the hyperventilation by the WTS on "pure" and "unfortified" wine?

Oh, that's right. The (uneducated) opinions of the GB are far more important than Bible research, by actual, you know, scholars & $#!+.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Try to find a wine without sulfites. As for fortified, they didnt know how to make a still to get alcohol🤔

No leaven is a given, but no salt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit