Man on the High Castle

by Gorbatchov 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

G. was binge watching on Amazon Prime the serie The Man on the High Castle. Because my interest in history subjects a good choice!

What I mentioned was the family of John Smith, the obergruppenfuhrer. It felt acurate, a family acting in a social system, a group, in their case the SS.

It could be a JW family. Organization first.

It could be a fading family, too. Knowing it is a way of living, high moral standards, pure and clean, until you wake up, due to a reason in this case the sickness of the son. Working a way out.

G.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous
    This show really peaked my interest. I'm a huge WW2 buff so naturally I was drawn to this show. Obergruppenfuhrer Smith's family dynamic is an interesting part of the story. The internal struggle he experiences when he finds out his son Thomas has that congenital disease was quite the twist indeed. The moment his deeply held belief system clashes with his parental instincts to protect his child at all costs. I compare it to a JW parent having to make the decision to refuse blood for their child. For some, not all, this will cause them to question the validity of their beliefs.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

Counting the days until Season 3!!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

@AA, i can't wait too, for season 3. The book is on my wish list...

G.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

OK I know my next show to binge on!!!!

Thank's!!!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Its a great show!

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Man in the High Castle is one of the most compelling series I have EVER watched!
    The production values are off the charts; acting, photography, and music never less than top form.

I'm very happy another Season has been approved.

I would say--if you're only thinking about watch--sit down for at least the first 2 episodes.
    That will do it--you'll be hooked as I am.

There is the world we live in and the world that we might have lived in if other choices were made we are all haunted by and the idea of merging these is fascinating.

• Simon
    Simon

It's a great show and a fascinating story: an alternate history where Nazi Germany and Japan won WWII and each occupy half of America but there are films of 'our' history where the allies won.

Definitely recommended and well produced.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I scared about the John Smith family.

It could be JW's.

Could I be a nazi in an alternatieve history? In a same family?

I think you know the answer.

G.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Simon - we agree!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit