*sigh* is it over yet?

by arrowstar 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Before I begin let me just say that this is just a rambling from a tired and scared gal, who in her heart knows that it's all going to be just fine. I just need to babble for a bit and get it out of my system.

As some of you know, I'll be moving to a new apartment on Saturday. This came about because where I'm currently living has raised my rent beyond my means. I can't afford to stay there any longer. I've found a very nice place and it's going to be lovely when I get everything in order. What is getting to me is the money, the packing, the movers, the transfer of utilities, the packing, the clock ticking, the money, the packing...I'm worn out. Plain and simple. I work at the office...I come home and work toward the move...I get up in the morning and do it all again.

I was having a "brat" moment earlier this morning. All I wanted to do was stomp my feet and yell "I DON'T WANNA DO IT ANYMORE!!" Well, that and 60 cents will buy you a Dr Pepper for all the good it will do to be a brat.

I just want this weekend over. Everything I counted on has fallen by the wayside and the only thing I can really count on is me. Isn't that how it always is? Please don't get me wrong...I'm going to have some help and thank the moving gods for that...but no one can get me through this time but me. Does that even make sense?

oh well...enough of this babbling. We now return you to our regular programming...

Arrowstar

• onacruse
    onacruse

arrow, so that's why you were bein' bratty in chat this morning?

But you did serve me up a nice cup of coffee

Craig

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Craig -

I never forget my Southern upbringin'...always see to the needs of others before yourself.

Arrowstar

• obiwan
    obiwan

Yeah, I like your coffee too, just remember it'll be beerthirty before you know it!

• Emma
    Emma

Arrowstar, I feel for you. Moving is hell to get through. Even knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel doesn't seem to help when you're in the middle of it all. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end. Someday, when you're settled in the new place you'll be able to forget about this. I'm thinking of you.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Obiwan))

Thanks sweetie. I'll remember that...you can count on it.

Arrowstar

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Emma -

How sweet of you. Thank you so much.

You're right. When it's all said and done, I'm going to look back and wonder "What was I thinking?!?!"

Arrowstar

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))

Count to 10. Just think about how beautiful it will be in just a few more days when you begin seeing "home". I don't adapt well to quick changes and moving to a new place makes me cranky on the good days. Yes. It's almost over!

Love ya,

Andi

• little witch
    little witch

Arrow,

I know moving sucks. Hang in there, it will be a done deal soon enough.

Wish I could help you, but the miles are too great.

I am thinking of you, dear!

And remember, BEND AT THE KNEES !!!! lol

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Andi)) ((little witch))

Thank you both. What is it that they say...Keep your eye on the goal not the obstacles?

I swear I should stitch that on a pillow or something.

Arrowstar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit