Spain: A group of elder requires clarification to Ministry of Justice regarding sexual molestors

by sp74bb 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

Will be interesting to see who in the Spanish bethel suddenly gets assigned abroad, and which elders decide to stand down "for family reasons".

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

For clarification, the info I received is that the letter involves a group of active elders.

As in Australia, this kind of situation might have been avoided instructing to obtain the "Certificate of no-molester", but JW are always upon the truth and law.

According to the info received, calls from elders to Spanish Bethel are transferred to an automatic message system where they can record their request. No more direct info... we will contact you later !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

zeb - "..for the same reasons they refused to obtain 'Working with Children checks' (by whatever name) in Australia. Because the WT holds itself above the law and is fearful of what might be revealed if one country went for the wwcc and then others particularly the US had then to follow suit."

Not to mention that if they fully complied, any revealed sex offenders (past or present) would be automatically disqualified from serving, and the sudden potential shortage of "qualified brothers" would make the grassroots-level operation of the Org much, much more difficult...

...something I suspect the Society depends on way more than most of us might realize.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    sir82
    Trying to wrap my head around Madrid Bethel's reasoning about why registration is not needed....

My neighbor interviewed for a job in Project Youth Court working as a subcontractor for a municipality here in East Coast, USA. If hired, she would be required to carry and pay for a million dollar liability policy that covers child sexual abuse and molestation. Maybe it simply comes down to money? The Org isn't going to pay, and underemployed elders and MSs likely can't afford the premium for the privilege of (shep)herding the flock.

Diane

• somebody
    somebody

LIARS!

*** km 11/02 p. 8 par. 5 Show Loving Interest in “Fatherless Boys” ***

5 Likewise today, how beneficial it is when spiritually mature brothers and sisters take a loving interest in the fatherless boys and girls in the congregation! Do you know each one by name? Do you talk with them at Christian meetings and on other occasions? Invite them to join you in the field ministry

• somebody
    somebody

LIARS!

*** km 11/93 p. 5 par. 29 Youths—Make Jehovah’s Heart Rejoice ***

29 Pioneers, what can you do to help? Why not review your schedule to see how to involve schoolchildren in your arrangements for afternoons and weekends?

• freddo
    freddo

Gotta love the Spanish!

If the Spanish (and Spanish speaking countries') JW's start rebelling then their whole ex Catholic power base is vulnerable!

Mexico, Central and South America, Phillippines, Spanish congregations in the USA ...

Bring it on!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, after reading those two KM entries, I'm starting to think they actually don't believe their policies and actions are contributing to an environment that pedos thrive in.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: Jeezus, after reading those two KM entries, I'm starting to think they actually don't believe their policies and actions are contributing to an environment that pedos thrive in.

Regardless of what they believe, it is obvious that they don't care

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh, I'm sure they "care"...

...inasmuch as they wish that the problem would go away and stop giving them trouble.

But I really do think that they're refusing to admit - to themselves - that the "scriptural" way they've been handling it is actually wrong.

From their perspective, they can't... the implications are simply too disturbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit