Spain: A group of elder requires clarification to Ministry of Justice regarding sexual molestors

by sp74bb 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

Great work So. It may have been good to mention the occasions when Elders and MSs are alone with minors. This includes witnessing work, bible studies and occasions when minors approach Elders. Also that by their positions alone, minors have absolute trust in them and are indoctrinated to obey them. It is also a practice of theirs to have minors approach an Elder to confess a sin.

You could also have said that it has become evident that they do have child molesters already appointed as Elders and MSs.

It's not too late to send another letter.

• hoser
    hoser

They probably don't want their asses sued.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Where's the letter from elders to the Ministry of Justice? Anyone can make up stuff. So far the opening piece offers nothing

• Faded
    Faded
    They probably don't want their asses sued.

Do you blame them? The headquarters is giving them instructions contrary to the law, while making it clear they are personally responsible for congregation goings on. I'd be covering my ass too. Even if genuinely "in" the religion.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

The letter is here and scanned, see post of darkspilver.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I see dead people (elders)

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

The fine if you don't obtain the Certificate is 6000 €.

I got info that many elders started to request it and the the Ministry of a justice has contacted Spain Bethel to confirm the letter dated Oct 3rd.

JW must follow the law and no child molester or sexual harasser should be allowed in the congregation.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Thanks sp74bb. I missed it because it was right after the letter from Bethel and seemed to be part of it.

Based on the content of the letter, these are not elders who are just concerned about themselves, they are apostate elders who want to hurt the Watchtower. I hope it works.

• Chook
    Chook

I think as the cult unravels there will come to be more and more of this breaking away from mother , especially when elders know of the cracks in the church , remember all of us rebelled against the church. I am still unsure of their motives in Spain , I would hate to fight from within org because it still consumes your time. Detachment from the org is the only healing.

• zeb
    zeb

"Trying to wrap my head around Madrid Bethel's reasoning about why registration is not needed"

for the same reasons they refused to obtain 'Working with Children checks' (by whatever name) in Australia. Because the wt holds itself above the law and is fearful of what might be revealed if one country went for the wwcc and then others particularly the US had then to follow suite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit