Another brave girl tells of her Abuse by JW's !

by Phizzy 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/abused-brother-shunned-jehovahs-witnesses-10233281

This poor girl was abused by her "non-JW" (never baptised ?) brother, then was totally abused by the JW Elders by their lack of care for her in any way, and then by her JW family, read the in-depth article, link above.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

What an awful story...but thanks for posting.

“I was told they would strongly advise me against reporting it to the police,” she says. “It would bring reproach on God’s name and look bad for the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

She should sue their asses off...

• Zoos
    Zoos

“I was told they would strongly advise me against reporting it to the police,” she says. “It would bring reproach on God’s name and look bad for the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

“They thrust a couple of Awake magazines in my hand and said there were stories of other sisters who had been through a similar situation of abuse, and that they had turned to Jehovah and prayed. They said our religion would help me get over it.

“They also said I couldn’t get counselling because that would also be talking to outside sources and would bring shame on our religion.

“They said, ‘If you want to get counselling come to us.’ But why would I go and speak to three men about my sexual abuse?

“They were sympathetic but basically said not to burden the congregation by telling any of my friends because it could bring them down spiritually. I was embarrassed because I was thinking, ‘Did I do anything wrong? Was it me?’

“I didn’t feel I got the support I should have got. It was gut-wrenching.”

------------------------------

“I heard someone say my main goal was to bash the religion, as opposed to getting justice.

------------------------------

I guess that last sentiment is why her parents were able to turn on her so completely, this mentality of: Protect the religion at all costs.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

LIARS!

A Jehovah’s Witnesses spokesman issued a statement to the Mail stating Richard Davenport was never a Jehovah’s Witness and denying any suggestion of a cover up over the abuse. UH, RICHARD WAS AN UNBAPTIZED TEEN AND EVEN THOUGH HIS DADDY BECAME AN ELDER AND THE FAMILY WAS WELL-KNOWN TO BE JW, AND LOUISE, WELL YES SHE DID TELL US ABOUT IT BUT WE DENY AUTHORITY/KNOWLEDGE/RESPONSIBILITY. BESIDES, WE GAVE HER SOME MAGAZINES.

It stated: “Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse, a crime that sadly occurs in all sectors of society. The safety of our children is of the utmost importance. REALLY WE DON'T CARE BUT WE DO SAY THAT WE ABHOR IT WHEN OTHER RELIGIONS GET CAUGHT SO WE CAN TELL EVERYONE HOW EVIL THEY ARE, AND SO WE MUST BE G*D'S ORGANIZATION AND YOU MUST OBEY US.

“For decades, our journals The Watchtower and Awake!, as well as our website jw.org, have featured articles for both Jehovah’s Witnesses and the general public on how to protect children from abuse. WE PRINTED A FEW ARTICLES TO COVER OUR A$$E$ BY CLAIMING THAT WE CARE, BUT ACTUALLY WE ONLY CARE ABOUT PUBLICITY THAT SHOWS THAT WE DON'T CARE AT ALL AND WE JUST HAVE TO KEEP UP THE APPEARANCE TO OUR MEMBERS THAT WE HAVE A SPECIAL LINK TO G*D.

“Jehovah’s Witnesses do not separate children from their parents. We do not have any programmes, such as Sunday Schools, youth groups, or day care centres, in which we take custody of children from their parents. JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES SEPARATE CHILDREN FROM THEIR PARENTS EVERY TIME A CHILD OF ANY AGE CHOOSES TO DISAGREE WITH THE RIDICULOUS TEACHINGS OF THE WTS, IT'S CALLED SHUNNING AND IT'S ALIVE AND WELL IN EVERY CONGREGATION.

“We believe that loving and protective parents are the best deterrent to child abuse. Thus, we continue to educate parents and provide them with valuable tools to help them educate and protect their children. YES, WE KNEW ABOUT THE ABUSE BUT REALLY IT'S THE PARENTS' FAULT, SEE, WE GAVE THEM MAGAZINES THAT SAID UH...SOMETHING...SOMETHING...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...

“We have no paid clergy. Congregation elders comply with child-abuse reporting laws. They provide abuse victims and their families with spiritual comfort from the Bible. WE ARE NOT REALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE ELDERS AS WE DON'T PAY THEM (SEE, WE KEEP ALL THE FUNDS FOR OURSELVES). AND IF THERE ARE SPECIFIC LAWS THAT FORCE US TO REPORT, WELL THEN YES, WE'LL TELL THEM TO DO THAT BUT ONLY IF WE ARE FORCED TO DO IT. (DAMN LAWS.)

“The victim and his or her parents have the absolute right to report the matter to the governmental authorities. BUT WE KNOW MOST OF THEM WON'T BECAUSE WE'VE CONVINCED THEM THAT WILL MAKE G*D SAD AND MAKE HIM LOOK BAD. AND OH, YES, THEY WILL LOSE ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY BECAUSE WE WILL SHUN THEM FOR MAKING G*D SAD.

“Congregation elders do not shield abusers from the authorities or from the consequences of their actions. WE ONLY DEMAND THAT THE VICTIMS NOT TELL ANYONE ELSE, BECAUSE THEN MEMBERS WOULD START TO REALIZE WE ARE JUST AS BAD AS ALL OTHER RELIGIONS, AND WE DON'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW THAT WE ALLOW CHILD RAPISTS TO SIT AMONG THEM AT MEETINGS AND TAKE THEIR LITTLE KIDS OUT IN SERVICE IN A CAR GROUP WITHOUT THE PARENTS. BUT WE DON'T USE SHIELDS, THOSE ARE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS WE USED TO DO. (YES, PUT THAT IN THERE TO DISTRACT THEM. TELL THEM ABOUT OUR BIBBLE DRAMAS.)

“Anyone who commits the sin of child abuse faces expulsion from the congregation. If such a person is serving in a position of responsibility, he is removed. SEE, IF WE CALL IT SIN THEN WE CAN TELL OUR MEMBERS THAT WE HAVE JURISDICTION AND IT'S A RELIGIOUS THING, NOT A POLICE THING. AND CHILD RAPISTS MAY BE SANCTIONED IN SOME WAY BUT WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE NOT "EXPELLED" OR "REMOVED", WHY THEY MIGHT BE SITTING NEXT TO YOUR LITTLE SUSIE OR STEVIE AT THE MEETING RIGHT NOW.

“Any suggestion that Jehovah’s Witnesses cover up child abuse is absolutely false. We are committed to doing all we can to prevent child abuse and to provide spiritual comfort to any who have suffered from this terrible sin and crime.” OH, LOOK, WE USED THE WORD "CRIME" SO YOU CAN'T SAY WE DON'T RECOGNIZE THE SERIOUSNESS. WE WON'T LIFE A FINGER TO COMFORT CHILD VICTIMS OR THEIR FAMILIES, THOUGH, JUST SMILE AND WAVE, BOYS, SMILE AND WAVE. (IT TRULY IS AMAZING THAT PEOPLE BUY INTO OUR BULL$SHIT, ISN'T IT?)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Any suggestion that Jehovah’s Witnesses cover up child abuse is absolutely false"

The above is a massive LIE !

Over 1,000 cases ofAbuse amongst Jehovah's Witnesses given to the Australian Royal Commission, and not one was reported !!!!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The more the GB denies, the worse it sounds. It is wonderful that more and more people are refusing to be silenced on this issue. Brave woman.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    The family was in turmoil and there was abuse in the home which was why the children were unsupervised by the parents who are now leaders in the congregation. Her reporting her brother exposed her dad's past. As an elder, they couldn't support her reporting as it would expose other JW abuses which were apparently domestic and severe nature.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    "Louise decided to tell her father, by now a respected “elder” in the Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation she was also a member of. Upon hearing the news, she says Trevor Davenport fell to the floor and began wailing."

Was he sad because he might lose his position?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Zoos - "Was he sad because he might lose his position?"

Naw, the implications just kicked him the balls a bit too hard for him to handle...

Fortunately, he recovered.

x

EDIT: We need a better "sarcasm" emogi.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    They thrust a couple of Awake magazines in my hand and said there were stories of other sisters who had been through a similar situation of abuse, and that they had turned to Jehovah and prayed

So, in other words, it is so common and accepted within the Watchtower, it's just an unimportant and dismissive issue to the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit