Jack Felix

by vienne 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Phizzy, I was going to mention the car. It was a Humber, the Snipe I think. Built like a tank, you could probably have a gun turret as an optional extra.

What I liked about him was that he was his own man, not just a company man like current COs have to be. He would have to be about 130 if he lived I think. Yes, he died disappointed as did everyone from that era of that age, without exception. The cult issues were less clear cut then, easier to see in hindsight than at the time. It was possible to be a believer without being completely brain dead then.

I remember Philip North as a bit of a grey man, he didn't make a big impression. I don't know what happened to him. He would have to be world record old if he is still alive. The same applies to Graham Carmichael who was the most unlikely candidate for CO ever. He was a Gaswegian cinic with a cutting sense of humour and an accent straight from the ship yards. I don't know what happened to him either.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Graham Carmichael was a CO in Birmingham in the early / mid 60's. a real character. his wife was called Honor--if i remember. they dined at my parents most visits--and he certainly liked a drink.. i'm 69 now--so i would imagine he would be into 3 figures by now if hes still alive.

i think Ken Richmond came along after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit