Kingdom Hall Built on Site of Former Slave Market

by Wild_Thing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    I guess the witnesses are just keeping up with tradition.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Don't forget that the WT had segregated congregations in the US South up until the early sixties.
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I have been to Natchez Mississippi, many times back when I lived in Mississippi. When I stopped and read the signs, a deep sadness just ran though me. The things man has done to his follow man, is just unbelievable!!!!

Dwain

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kingdom Hall Built on Site of Former Slave Market

So the purpose of the land won`t change..

Both have Field Service,Overseers and Free Labour..

• zeb
    zeb

This gets me. Why that piece of land? Was there no other?

To me its a bit like building a kh on the land at Auswitcz.

Outlaw: well said.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Outlaw said it like it is.......on the nail.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Is there a chance that any of these slaves were "faithful and discreet"?
  • JWitnessofJehovah
    JWitnessofJehovah
    We have a Kingdom Hall in Australia built in a former 'Pub' or Bar as you guys say. There's one in Queensland that's built in a former Catholic Church, they had to sell 'cause there attendance was near zero. So what? Do you know what the history is to the site of your home, church, school or anything else? So what if we built a Kingdom Hall in Babylon and set up true worship there? Would that make us Babylon The Great? This is the most irrelevant and childish discussion I've come across. You guys keep picking at straws while the rafter sticks out of your eye.
  • JWitnessofJehovah
    JWitnessofJehovah
    What about this site? Don't you see the irony that you guys get together to attack JW's on a site that promotes mail order brides?
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    JWitnessofJehovah 3 hours ago
    What about this site? Don't you see the irony that you guys get together to attack JW's on a site that promotes mail order brides?

Who's attacking anyone? JW's harshly criticize the world around them while taking full advantage of it but if anyone says anything that isn't an absolute gushing compliment about them, they think they're being attacked.

Unlike JW's, this site isn't claiming to be the only true religion, isn't claiming to be directed by God and isn't condemning the rest of the world to death because they aren't members or supporters.

Besides that, I believe the ads one sees on this site are usually geared toward whatever they've been looking at while on the internet. Are you on the hunt for a mail order bride these days? If so, unlike the slaves of old, at least mail order brides have some say in the matter and are seeking a better life elsewhere rather than being shackled and dragged off against their will.

So to answer your question, No I don't see any irony here. The only irony I see is that you are a member of a so called Apostate website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit