Thankful for my babies

by BeautifulMind 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

I hope everyone is having a good day/night. So I was just reflecting on how happy I am to have my babies, despite the orgs. not so subtle requests that married couples not have babies in order to further serve the org. I'm happy for more than one reason though.

Reason 1 - my mother was terminally ill at the time I got married. She told me over and over again that I shouldn't bring any kids into this wicked world, it would be gone soon anyway. Wait until the new system she said. At the time, it wasn't a big deal. Being newly married, that was the last thing on my mind, kids. We wanted to enjoy each other for a few years or so anyway, no point in upsetting her. Thankful that when the time was right for us, we had our babies.

Reason 2 - I had some complications with both of my babies, which had to be delivered via c-section, one prematurely. They are both healthy now. After the last one, I got my tubes tied for one reason only - blood issue. See, I was still fully in the org at the time I birthed my last child. So because of what I went through with my pregnancies, I didn't want to risk anymore complications happening which would call for a blood transfusion should I become pregnant again. So I got a tubal ligation.

So Im thankful that I didn't take my mother's advice and not have children, thankful that both me and my babies are ok without needing any extra medical attention. I'm bummed about not being able to have any more children because of the decisions I made due to the blood issue, but I have two beautiful babies that I am thankful for.

• zeb
    zeb

two is company more is a crowd! The rolling wave of love for your family comes through with a wash. Its so nice to read.

Every happiness.

• mommyfirstandalways
    mommyfirstandalways
    This was one of the things that always got to me about not having babies. I felt I was on this earth to be a mother and the bible says children are a gift. Never does the bible state that if u can make room for it don't have children the way that it does say not to get married. Yet the Borg promotes not having kids. This issue def helped wake me up. I'm thankful for my rebellious ways, lol and so thankful to have my babies and to be free to raise them to be independent thinkers.
  • ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Ditto BeautifulMind

We were strongly encouraged to remain childless - and so our first baby who has just turned 26 came along after we had been married 11 years/

She then had Bilirubin issues and we had to face a major blood issue just hours after she was born.

When I reflect back on how easy it could have been to have listened to this "sage" advice to remain childless I actually start to tremble ! Damn that was a close call !

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Beautiful mind I am also grateful for my wonderful daughter. I pioneered for ten years and we hadn't had children by the time we left, I was thirty. Then we were left in near poverty because of the cult and had to get degrees and jobs. I suddenly realised that time was slipping by and decided to try and get pregnant. My baby was born a few weeks before I was 37.

I had preeclampsia and had to have a c-section at 39 weeks because blood tests showed my liver and kidneys were starting to shut down. She came out a little blue but her lungs were properly developed and she's a wonderful healthy young woman of 21 now. She's just finished her BA and graduates this July. I am so glad I didn't wait any longer, she is the light of my life.

Thanks for this thread, I feel all happy now as I get ready for work.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

It always stuck me as the most heartless, un- compassionate request to ask a young couple they deny themselfs the opportunity of creating a family. Sadly unless you have experienced this wonderful, most meaningful pleasure you can never appreciate, the loss. It's unbelievable, having a child both the pleasure and worry. Oh the times my boy has had his operations, been put to sleep , fortunately for minor operations, but particularly when he was a baby, it always made me appreciate sitting by his side at a hospital bed when he woke up.

Yesterday the operation was a broken arm, some metal parts had to be put in, but they put him to sleep and it was that terrible hour while they operated that I had this terrible fear, and realized how lucky I am to have my boy. Sitting by his side as he awoke from the operation was the best feeling in the world. And his first words to me when he woke from the operation were " Hello Matey" ( a word often used by pirates to address friends)

Any organisation that encourages its members not to have a child is pure and simply evil.

The Rebel.

• Alive!
    Alive!

We were proving our faith by waiting for the new system - no family or children for us....and we watched as the generation now living DID pass away before 'the end' and watched all the next generation born ins have babies, babies, babies.

A childless marriage. Thanks for the encouragement dear 'guardians of doctrine'....perhaps when you are not too busy looking at sale and purchase agreements, you could stop on by and sit with a weeping woman past her childbearing years for whom it is too late.

• Alive!
    Alive!

By the way - hugs to you lovely Mothers here - cherish your beautiful children XXX

But those who once spread the wrong food at the wrong time have hurt many lives.....

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    I was a very successful business woman but by far the best job I ever had was being a MOM! Enjoy every moment of it, they grow up to fast, the years past before you know what happened and all of a sudden there are little grand babies running at your feet.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Thanks for sharing everyone, I love all of your stories. I'm sorry Alive! that you didn't get to experience motherhood because of that evil org. But thank you for sharing your pain with us, I'm sure that is not easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit