Pairing!!!!!

by brandnew 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Sooooo chicken goes with white wine?????
    BASICS TO PAIRING WINE WITH CHICKEN. White Meat vs Dark Meat – As a general rule, white meat such as chicken or turkey breast pairs well with white wines like BASICS TO PAIRING WINE WITH CHICKEN. White Meat vs Dark Meat – As a general rule, white meat such as chicken or turkey breast pairs well with white wines like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay, while dark meat like duck and other game go well with medium bodied red wines such as Pinot Noir or Zinfandel., while dark meat like duck and other game go well with medium bodied red wines such as Pinot Noir or Zinfandel.

Zinfandel would be nice with chicken as well..
    Although I`d more likely go with the Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay..
  • talesin
    talesin

Cooking dinner. Check

Flowers, or one 'perfect' flower, just like her. Check

Hotel suite? Hmm, first date? Depends on the gurl.

I like OUTLAW's choices of wines (you'll never go wrong with a good Chardonnay), though I do think the red-meat/white-chicken rule is not quite as strict as it once was, a 'light' red is fine with chicken (some people don't care for white).

Have fun, be safe. ; )

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Don't be nervous. Relax but be a gentleman. She's going to love all the attention. Definitely flowers, something classy. Steak....now I'm hungry!
  • Lost his mind
    Lost his mind

Pinot Grigio or Viognier are whites of choice. Cline makes a really nice Viognier.

reds..I love zin but Pinot Noir is nice as well.

and the single flower is a nice touch.

• millie210
    millie210

Sounds like just the thing to help you feel better after your tough ordeal.

I agree with all the great posts above!

• Sabin
    Sabin
    It all depends on the girl, why don't you ask her what meat she likes, maybe she's veggie. What ever keep it simple, be yourself, be honest that is more important than food & flowers. DONT try to shag her on the first date. She'll know immediately that your not a man to trust. That's my advice, of course I been out of the dating game for decades now so I suppose I sound a bit old fashioned. Good Luck.
  • Listener
    Listener
    I'm assuming that it's starting off at your place if your cooking dinner. If you get her flowers will she need to be carrying them around with her or are you picking her up from her place?
    Why not put some hand picked flowers on your table, go all out to make it look nice. Put some candles on there, don't forget napkins.
    She may not like red wine, or even white wine. If you don't want to ask her beforehand make sure you have a few options on hand, including juice.
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun

Just the fact that you are cooking a home cooked meal is enough to turn on any woman!

:) enjoy your evening!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Oh, don't ask me, I'm not a girly girl, but if you said you had just been in a motorcycle accident and injured your lower back and asked if I'd like to see and then went to drop trow, well, after I stopped laughing with you at such a "slick move," you just might get lucky!

But, that's just me, and I probably don't represent well, so...

I'll just let the normal girls advise...

• brandnew
    brandnew
    She totally loved dinner, now we're gonna have apricot brandy shots by the fireplace...kinda sexy ..huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit