For those who work "behind the scene"

by onacruse 14 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

One thing I find out about more and more every week is that sooo many of you who post here are working, quietly and without fanfare, behind the scenes. Helping get the word out to local and national newspapers, helping people like Vicki, supporting those who've filed lawsuits against the WTS, developing personal relationships with other posters...what we see on the board is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'll not name names (you know who you are ), but I'd just like to say THANK YOU.

Craig

• obiwan
    obiwan

Props to the peeps!

• onacruse
    onacruse

hehe, I just got a p/m from someone here who's personally worked with over a dozen people this last year, to help them avoid getting snared by the WTS.

Wow!

Craig

• little witch
    little witch

How right you are, Ona,

Some people not only work behind the scenes, but shine like stars while they do it.

Kudos to all of you who never step into the spotlight.

• shamus
    shamus

Word up!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just think... the number of XJWs is approximately equal to the number of JWs... The JWs are promoting themselves... the XJWs are telling the people the truth about the JWs.

JWs go door to door trying to talk to people... but are usually ignored. All of us have amazing stories to rivet people’s attention with... stories about what we experienced in the WTS. Who do you think the people are listening to?

It's odd... I have made far more "converts" teaching people what the WTS is really about in my five years out of the bOrg than my 25 years in.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Elsewhere, that reminds me...I haven't received your time card for last month.

Craig

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I guess there are a lot of things that we all do that go forgotten. Ive probly spoken with half a dozen active dubs in the past year and put some words into their ears , a couple of them were outright needing to talk to someone. So, yeah theres work goes on behind the scenes. Sister Prisca, over the course of years has been a tireless organizer of get togethers, and shes putting a bash together at her place thru the "JW Meetup" thingy at the moment. Not to blow trumpets of self praise or anything, but the only two posters I know in Melbourne both are doing something to aid the cause. So,based on that, I imagine everyone here does their bit in their own way.

• onacruse
    onacruse

rf, actually, in a very real way, it's the inter-personal relationships that matter the most, eh? That I listed "developing personal relationships with other posters" last was perhaps a bit misleading (such is the way with "lists").

Sometimes I express myself rather clumsily.

Craig

• sf
    sf

You're welcomed.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit