My ex-bethelite buddy found TTATT through his prostitute friend.

by silentbuddha 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

So yesterday evening I get an invite through Facebook fro a name that was familiar, but I couldn’t place the face. After clicking on the page I saw a close-up pic to realize it was a friend of mine from 15 years ago at Bethel.

When this guy arrived at Bethel he was BIG TIME. He was in early 20’s and had given up a job as an engineer at what was one of the largest electronics companies in the world. He was brought in specifically to help upgrade some of their systems. We were all jealous because unlike the rest of us he had his own room in “THE ICE BOX”, it was like the drunken bachelor pad at bethel.

Anyway, after about 4 months or so there, he had this “girlfriend” that would come by and he would pick her up in the lobby. She was very pretty, but that was fairly general for anyone who had a girlfriend at bethel. The thing was she had a very short and popular hairstyle that you wouldn’t see most “sisters” with. She also, didn’t talk much. One evening me and 3 other guys were waiting in the 124 lobby to go to the gym and she was downstairs, and he ran over to her and scooped her up and off they went down Columbia Heights and we started teasing him about his new chick… asking her what hall she was in and If she had any sisters or friends. (The desperation was insane) Out of nowhere he blew up and literally yelled at us to get out of her face! We did and we apologized the next day. This went on for a few more weeks and then she stopped coming around and he said they broke up. No biggie right???

Well, about a week later while I was cleaning the lights in the lobby of the “30” building I saw him in the corner and he was completely pale-faced and looked sick. I asked him what was wrong and he said, he had made some mistakes and that the brothers wanted to talk to him before he left. I said, “You are leaving before your review?” and he said I am pretty sure that there is no way I am not getting into trouble. Dude actually gave me a hug, and sat back down. I was flabbergasted! All of a sudden out of nowhere 4 brothers come over to him and take him into the elevator. That was the last time I saw him.

As usual a lot of rumors began to swirl and one in particular was that his girlfriend was not a witness and was a prostitute! It was an awesome rumor because we figured if you are gonna go out that it’s the way to do it. Like all things the rumor became boring and that was the end of that.

Well I found out that she indeed was prostitute and they never actually did anything physical. His intentions were indeed to have sex with her, but the first time he met her and prepared to do the deed he couldn’t go through with it. She asked why and he told her there is no way that he could because of his beliefs. She told him that she had a friend who had been one that she met in a safehouse in Minnesota when she was kicked out of her home by her abusive JW father. He proceeded to say that he and the girl continuously met up (yes he still paid her) and just talked and she provided him support. NO PHYSICAL activities at all. That was hilarious. He said she actually encouraged him to make the decision to leave and get on with his life, and he did. After he got kicked out, DF’ed and everything else he found another job and did pretty well for himself. JW free and clear!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Your buddy is a bit of a Jesus.

Funny him getting kicked out of Bethel for being honourable....more so than 99.9% of people ever would be, non judgemental, decent....talk about judged by the pharasies!

I had a pal who had a good friendship with a courtesan...lasted years, very intelligent woman.

Glad it all worked out well for him, and that you've 're connected.😀

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I have to admit I was expecting him to be one of those crazy types that went the route of destruction. It was great to hear he was doing so well. I imagine in that particular career you witness and experience a lot, which will give you a very unique view of life.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

He paid her just to talk? Hell, he could've paid me. And idve given him a good seeing to as well 😉

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

@pale.emperor - ROFL

It is never too late! I am sure there are still plenty left in need of your unique services lol

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This sounds a bit odd. In bethel, everyone knows your business...so it seems strange that he was able to keep this quite for so long.

What is he up to now? Have you met up with him again?

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I have to disagree in regards to everyone knowing your business in Bethel. Many of the people that I knew were involved in all sorts of things that no one really talked about much. THere was consistent and blatant drunkenness in the Henry Street and Sliver buildings. Many of the younger bethelites while I was there were involved in offsite basketball tournaments.

A lot went to clubs as well as Houston street although we were explicitly told not to. One major area of separation from the generic things going on were the people that worked in the 25 - 30 buildings that was called the office complex. Very weird things happened there. I would say that people working in those buildings probably make up the largest portion of ex-bethelites due to the crazy things they saw going on in there.

He is currently in Texas and I live In NC, but I am hoping that we can get together shortly. I have met up with a few others I was there with that left however.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    SilentBuddha a lot went to clubs as well as Houston street although we were explicitly told not to.

Now that I have heard about from many an ExBethelite.In fact I heard in the 80s 70s they would go to a very famous club called CBGB's where some great musicians and bands had their genesis like Patti Smith Group and Blondie, Talking Heads, Beastie Boys, Ramones etc etc

Bet uncle punky is green with jealousy about that; I know I am!

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

So, was he in trouble because she was a hooker, or because she encourage him to give up this worthless shit?

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

He got in trouble because he decided to tell them he had been dealing with her. From our conversation he said he told them he had been seeing her... not specifically stating anything went on specifically.

Personally I would have at least sampled, but he ended up marrying his girlfriend he was wi th before he arrived at brothel. She also left the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit