UPDATE: Fanatical Mom wants to report me

by Scarlett_Martin 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• hybridous
    hybridous

Agree with notion that -

The fewer elder interactions you have, the BETTER!

Also, I know it's hard, but do your best to limit criticism of the religion when you talk to your parents. None of what you say will matter in their devotion, but it can serve to further degrade your relationship with them to an unnecessary extent. In other words, you can only HURT things, you can't help.

Anything anyone wants to know about the WT is freely available for thorough examination. If people don't know, it is because they don't want to know. There's no lack of opportunity now to learn about such things.

I am hoping that the elders might be done with you - but I doubt it. They may still try...with your parents' help...to maneuver you into a situation where you say/do the wrong thing and thereby have justification to dispose of you via Judicial Committee. This is where you MUST have discretion. Your best protection is your silence. Don't throw it away in an attempt to make some point that will NEVER do you any good.

Good luck...and keep us updated.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Single elder hitting on you? That is not what he said but throw that back at them if need be.

Sometimes parents actually sitting in on a committee matter wakes them up. They will claim you are past the ( non bible based) age of 18. They may not allow dad either since he is not a brother.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Hello Scarlett,

Dissociating from the teachings of a group such as the JWs isn't easy. If at times, you feel confused about the righteousness of your decision to leave, focus on the core reasons that lead you to leave in the first place. Don't ever ignore these by focusing on what appears to be good about the group.

While you are still close to your parents, the reality is that you need to go forth and build a new life, where, perhaps, you will be a parent yourself. This doesn't mean it will be easy, but it will certainly be easier than staying in a group that will not let you be the best of what you can be.

You're still young and you could be surprised to know where you'll be. Not dedicating 20 hours a week to a religion means that you could dedicate that time and energy to other things that drives you. You'll discover new horizons and find out options you weren't aware of their existence.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I would just like to add to my comments about abstinence from various vices. I can’t help but think that a lot of the 18-30 year olds who learn the TTATT and exit, do so because they want to participate in these things. Usually with the lack of life skills, and little family support, they soon find themselves with dependency issues or in a less than favourable relationship.

Using myself as an example. When I left I was a lot older. I exited purely for intellectual reasons and not for physical. By and large I still live the same life style as I did when I was JW, just minus all the bullshit from watchtower.

I think young people who leave the jw thinking that they can now have a lifestyle with out rules. Can end up very disappointed

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You seem to be going the right way and if you play it carefully you may come out of this with no formal barrier to stop you and your parents having some relationship ,should they be willing.

Just keep going. It is traumatic we know but it has to be done. You will be o k in the end.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOE134CD:

I agree with you that young people who leave the JW (or any) religion because they want a lifestyle without rules will not only end up disappointed - they can end up in serious trouble.

There is no such thing as a lifestyle without rules. That’s a fallacy..Being free from any oppressive situation doesn’t mean there are ‘no rules’, it just means the person governs themselves (based on common sense principles).

I also left the religion at an older age and for ‘intellectual’ reasons. I still have the same lifestyle but minus all the B.S. or drama.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Frankly "Scarlett ,I don`t give a damn" what elders say about apostates ,after all in the main they are only quoting what`s been printed in WT publications over the years .And pointing out there errors , false predictions , evidently`s ,maybe`s and apparently`s and so forth.

And passing it all off as Jehovah`s word when he indicated nothing of the sort ?

Your on the right track girl keep reading what ex JW`s are saying about this JW organization.

Would you buy a car off a salesmen trying to sell you a car when multitudes of other people tell you they have been sold a dud by this salesman trying to sell you a car ?

All the best Scarlett .in your journey out of the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit