2019 New World Translation Matthew-Acts--PDF!

by Atlantis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Caminante
    Caminante

@truth_b_known

The other Bible translations available in English on the JW.org are Bibles that the organization had the right to publish and print on their own presses. They printed both the AS and KJ versions, while Byington's "The Bible in Living English" (not to be confused with "The Living Bible" by Ken Taylor) was copyrighted by Watchtower in 1972.

All these translations, including the organization's own Kingdom Interlinear (the 1985 revision), were made available in JWPUB format in 2015, when the JW Library app was first released.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Isn’t Matthew to Acts about half the New Testament? I’d hope the second volume covers the rest of the New Testament (sorry, Christian Greek Scriptures).

I wonder who is working on the project. Does anyone know who comprises the Writing Department these days? Somehow I get the feeling the GB don’t bother actually writing much of the material themselves these days, but have delegated the lot to helpers (the Nethinim class—is that still a thing?). In the past GB members such as Fred Franz, Ray Franz, Lloyd Barry, Jack Barr did a lot of the writing. I don’t know these days?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit