2019 New World Translation Matthew-Acts--PDF!

by Atlantis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2019 New World Translation Matthew-Acts

Click the first dark grey Bible.
    https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/

Petra!
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks. I wasn't even aware there was a study edition.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks, it looks excellent. I wish I could get my hands on a hard copy.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Does anybody know why only the Greek Scrips are available for pdf download, yet both the Hebrew and Greek are in the online version?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

That is a good question Magnum and I have asked myself the same question. Perhaps that is one of the reasons Atlantis scanned all of them to PDF. He even scanned the 1942 King James Version and the Reference Bible, Large Print, with References. Even the 1985 Interlinear.

Grandma told me if he gets too scan crazy to give him a laxative!

Petra!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Grandma told me if he gets too scan crazy to give him a laxative!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I am actually shocked that the Watchtower has put other translations of the Bible on their website. I recently read the entire New Testament in the NIV translation. Very eye opening in regards to what the Bible says versus the Watchtower's version of the Bible.

• Earnest
    Earnest

slimboyfat : Thanks, it looks excellent. I wish I could get my hands on a hard copy.

At the 2019 Annual Meeting:

Brother Samuel Herd highlighted the benefits of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition) that can be accessed online. He then released the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition) from the books of Matthew through Acts in print form. Publishers may request a copy through their local congregation.

• Earnest
    Earnest

truth_b_known : I recently read the entire New Testament in the NIV translation. Very eye opening in regards to what the Bible says versus the Watchtower's version of the Bible.

Keep in mind that the 2011 Preface to the NIV explains its principles of translation thus:

The first concern of the translators has continued to be the accuracy of the translation and its faithfulness to the intended meaning of the biblical writers. This has moved the translators to go beyond a formal word-for-word rendering of the original texts.

As the translators decide what the intended meaning of the biblical writers is, this translation is more often an interpretation without being bound by the wording of the original texts.
  • Caminante
    Caminante

@Magnum:

It's simple why only the Gospels and the Acts are in PDF—only these first books were made available in print. You can't have a PDF of something on JW:org that has not been prepared for printing.

The Study Bible is a veeeeery large and time-consuming project. Initially when the study edition of Matthew was released at the 2015, the Study Bible only contained the full text of Matthew. Later, it was decided that the Study Bible be the default translation used for hyperlinks of Scriptural citations on the English JW.org, so in 2017, the full 2013 New World Translation was included in the Study Bible, even if, by that time, only a couple of other books had their study notes released. As of today, the Study Bible has extended features up to the book of 2 Corinthians, that was released in December with a 2020 copyright.

As soon as there is enough material to format the Study Bible into a printable format, new volumes will be released in both print and PDF. My personal hunch is that volume two will comprise Romans through Colossians, volume three 1 Thessalonians through Hebrews and volume four James through Revelation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit