How was your wedding?

by BeautifulMind 22 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

How was your wedding? Did you have a jw wedding or something different? My wedding was not what either of us wanted at first, but it turned out very lovely. We wanted a beach wedding, same destination as our honeymoon, kill two birds with one stone you know? But my mom was close to the end stage of her illness and wouldn't be able to travel. So we thought maybe something small with the ceremony at the hall and reception at my parents' house.

But that wasn't going to be good enough for my parents lol! Nope, they wanted their only girl to have the big jw affair complete with a wedding gown, huge guest list and reception. I wanted to make my mom smile as much as I could, that was really important to me. Sure, it was our day, but I knew time with her was limited. All that mattered was that we were getting married.

Anyway, I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but we partied soooooo hard at our reception! Great food, booze, great music (nothing was off limits๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ) no boring speeches or line dances lol...it was great. My in laws still talk about how much fun they had.

It's a rainy day here in GA, so I thought I would share a nice and light experience.

• blondie
    blondie

I did not wed a jw but all but 2 of my jw relatives came include an elder and 2 MS and 2 regular pioneers.

Small in backyard done by a judge and small food spread....20 people total including non-jws.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for sharing. You seem like a caring daughter. Were you a committed JW yourself? How about your husband? Any pressure from your parents as a result? Or is everything still beautiful?

I was married by my Father. My sister played the organ and my brother sang a solo. Everybody took their turns visiting us on our honeymoon in the Laurentians. Strange, but wonderful to be part of a loving family. Happily married now 44 years with 4 kids (adults now) who all ย love the Lord.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ours was fine thanks--3 weeks ago

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Congratulations Stan. Lovely gal. Hope you have many delightful years together.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Congrats Stan!

Blondie - your wedding sounds like it was beautiful.

Vanderhoven7- your wedding sounds beautiful too! Sounds like you have a lovely family as well. yes, we were committed jws and everything is still beautiful.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    we were married in the kingdom hall my parents didn't attend the reception was about a hundred a little music no dancing no speeches sandwiches we we then went to a very posh hotel and had dinner. we always said if we were to do it again even when we were witnesses we wouldn't use the hall or invite more two or three
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Awful, Kingdom Hall, line dancing and 400 people. We only invited 200 but the rest were gate crashers. Delightful true Christians! The best man did a horrible play on stage about my husband. It took me years to persuade him this creep hated him. Anyway it didn't matter, I still married the love of my life. I was very lucky.
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Wedding was at the hall in Toronto so too far for many of my 'friends' to make it. Funny that all my non-JW family manged to attend! Ceremony was too long. Reception was awesome thanks to Polish friends of my wife. I thought it could end at a reasonable hour (around midnight). My wife just laughed at me. Everything was perfect except for the fact that one of the cakes made by a friend of my wife's disappeared from the kitchen storage area. Probably one of the better days of my life.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Wedding was at a Lutheran Church and reception was at the Bethesda Naval Officer Club we had 200 guest for dinner and dancing this was Saturday night. But the partying started on Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night, bridesmaids and bride started at 8 AM with breakfast, spa, late lunch and then off to the wedding at 7 PM. Then Sunday was a brunch for about 50 people from 11 till 2.

OK so we are Italian and we like to party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit