2019-2049

by Alex Bogdanov 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

"People who were born in 1914 will see the Armageddon" I heard it so many times.

"Alex you left! You are making a mistake. The Armageddon is nearly here" I heard it so many times.

It is 2019. No sign of The end.

I can make the same post in 2029 and 2039 and 2049

Sadly in 2049 there will be crazy JWs telling me The end is tomorrow. Sadly some of them will be my friends who never had a life, because of the fear of the fictional Armageddon.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Absolute worst case scenario the end should have came by the 1990's at the Very very latest.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

It's ironic that the bible says that no man knows the day or the hour, and there is a reason for that. And when you get a person or a group says the end is either near or just right around the corner, and it does not come to pass Deuteronomy says they are false prophets, and not to fear such one(s). The Watchtower has proven itself as one, and much worse.

• Aleph
  • zeb
    zeb

"The witnessing will end by the 20thCentury" wt 1989 Jan 1.

and, the missionary activity, "That would be completed in our 20thCentury" wt jan 1 1989 P2.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001
    I remember how urgent it was back in the late 80s/early 90s. I friend of mine, an older sister, who claimed she was of the anointed, I'm fairly sure she has since passed away. I don't know if any here knew her or not, but her name was Mary Bartlett, she would often say, "If we knew how close we were to the great day of judgment, we would just die from a heart attack." Don't know why she used that term. But listening to her, she would give the impression that it would happen before the week ended.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I heard the same stories by some of the "annointed" as well

• waton
    waton

Act 1:7 : "it is not given to you to understand T-I-M-E and seasons.--" Even Einstein & co. struggle with spacetime, , timespace.

Some people just think the bible does not apply to them. I guess, arrogantly they feel, what they bind on Earth is bound to happen in heaven.

what an easy way to make yourself into a false prophet. overlappingly false.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This month marks 35 years since the infamous May 15th 1984 WatchTower with the 1914 Generation cover.

Guess what? They're all LONG since dead! WatchTower is a bunch of charlatan liars!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

or maybe jehovah has changed his mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit