Do You Support a Sex Strike?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I just think the whole idea of a sex strike is embarrassingly dumb. Where do they come up with these crazy ideas?

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

It's an attention grab. Are you a celebrity, not getting enough attention? Tweet, publicly say, or do something ridiculous, and get all the attention your heart desires. Theres no such thing as bad publicity. Especially when you're a C- celebrity.

See; Kathy Griffin, Donald Trump, Kanye West, Roseanne Barr, everyone who's ever been a host of the view, Jesse Smollett, etc...

• blondie
    blondie

So far, I only know of one person, Alyssa Milano, and I'm not sure she is practicing what she is preaching.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Alyssa Milano tweeted, "Our reproductive rights are being erased. Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy."

Reproductive rights being erased? No - just unborn foetuses. No one is stopping women from reproducing.

And don't women already have control over their bodies?

They can legally choose to use contraceptives to prevent pregnancy, and they can legally choose to avoid sex. Both scenarios assign them control over their bodies.

Alyssa Milano says nothing about responsibility and accountability for the unborn child.

• blondie
    blondie

The Fall Guy, one problem with that is when a woman goes to a pharmacy to get a legally prescribed birth control method, and the pharmacist will not fill it because it is against his religious beliefs for women to use birth control or the type they have selected (I can see a jw pharmacist doing that regarding the morning after pill). If that is the nearest pharmacy and he/she is the only pharmacist, that makes it difficult if the next nearest pharmacy is miles away. Unfortunately, here in the US, the so-called religious right of the pharmacist to refuse is not so clearcut yet legally, and some are willing to break the law. Just saying.

Let me add that legally under the US Constitution, black men had the right to vote in 1870 in the 15th amendment. But amazingly, most were not able to exercise this legal right because of all the roadblocks that were set up. It was not until 1964 with the 24th Amendment.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

As far as I'm concerned Alyssa Milano can take a jump in the nearest creek.

• minimus
    minimus

Too bad . I used to think she was pretty hot but now with this withholding sex, I’m not so sure.🤓

• JeffT
    JeffT

@Minimus

Aristophanes wrote "Lysistrata" in 411 BC. It's a comedy about a woman trying to end the Peloponesian Wars by organizing a sex strike among the women of Athens.

• minimus
    minimus

Ah, that’s where she got the idea!🤷‍♂️

• minimus
    minimus

Is that how Lesbos, the island came into existence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit