I think we are long overdue for another GB member to be cannibalized.... its been a while.
The KH scam may do it.
For those unaware, the scam went something like this:
1. Get the brothers to build KH's and AH's with free labor.
2. Make the brothers borrow the money for the materials with interest from the WT. (This violates scripture - Deuteronomy 23:19 ESV “You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest."
3. Get the brothers to spend thousands of dollars "updating" the properties that are a little older. In other words, get them ready for market, but don't tell the brothers what you are planning because that might diminish enthusiasm while providing free labor.
4. A few years later, tell the brothers that you are "forgiving" the loans in exchange for turning over the property deeds to the WT. Note: Future donation payments is encouraged to be make in the same amounts as the former loan payments.
5. Then consolidate congregations and sell the "abandoned" properties.
6. Pocket hundreds of millions of dollars and deposit in off-shore accounts to avoid paying for an avalanche of lawsuits against the WT for abuse of power, child abuse negligence, and mental abuse from destroyed families due to frivolous violations of non-scriptural rules.
Many thousands of WT properties have been sold in the past few years netting billions.