Special meeting next month (February 2020)

by Jofi_Wofo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

It was announced today that we will have a special weekend meeting next month. It will be 3 hours long and will include some streamed content.

No explanation was given as to what the meeting will be about, only that it will be exciting and we will not want to miss it.

• NC1998
    NC1998

Maybe it'll be about how the end is so close, but we definitely need to spend tons of money on building a movie studio, so get over it and get to donating!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Hear any chatter about it after the meeting? Probably how now easily to donate money by having automatic withdrawing from your bank account by the WT.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

your location please?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Every special talk, meeting, assembly & convention was always going to be exciting and unmissable for us!

Maybe the H8ful 8 in Warwick have decided that tithing is scriptural for Christians.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Don't put colored paper in the fax machine.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You're going to have to give us more than that. What country? What area of country?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK we have our meeting on Saturday 23 May 2020. We have these every couple of years or so with a US visitor. All connected to Chelmsford or London or wherever.

The rep this year is William Turner, whoever that is.

George

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I don't feel comfortable being too specific about my location. I'm in a non-English congregation in a small country south of the U.S. (where the "need is great"). We were told that our meeting would be later than that of the English meetings due to the need for the streamed content to be translated into our language.

I have absolutely no details as to what the meeting will be about. I was hoping we could piece together whatever information comes in as it comes in. In any case, I can share my experience after the meeting occurs.

I can't remember this ever happening before. Closest would be that special talks in recent years have been streamed.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Our local needs are this week. I heard 2 elders mentioning it but no details leaked. It can be anything from a last minute talk from the GB, to ( rare anymore) actual local matter t HF at needs addressed. other countries dont always get the same thing at same time. Im USA

As for excitement that is long gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit