This really does not end well for God.

by pleaseresearch 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Oh and here is a simple thought , god shows up and starts showing compassion for people, gives them food to eat and water to drink. He simply takes the time to heal the sick and "oh my", millions I'm mean billions of people all over the world would flock to him in reverence. They would gladly worship and praise him too. Could you imagine. It would be like the last superman movie or the latest wonder woman flick when she helps some people.

The world problems would be solved and god would get what he wants people to love and appreciate him and all he has to do is, something good for mankind. Wow what a simple idea!!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    ColdSteel: You have no idea of what lay behind the war in heaven, as it's called.

Why should there be a war in heaven, as the Bible says ? War is possible only with materialistic and tangible living things. God and his angelic myriads are spirit creatures and how do you think a war is practical in this respect. Cant god inactivate the rebelling angels in a split second, stripping them off their power. (Or even faster since he is infinitely powerful)

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Good point. The fact that we get wars here on Earth is bad enough. But to know even in Heaven things are kicking off. Now if war really was what we think it to be, then angel and demons would have been fighting. So nobody is good. Even the angels if they were involved in this war.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

The so-called Fall of Man, the War in Heaven, even "Satan the Devil" are all Christian inventions that, for lack of a better term, screws up the meaning behind the Jewish Scriptures.

I have to agree with Crazyguy that the whole "Jesus is God" thing is ridiculous. Even if it's more of the JW concept, it isn't logical or loving that someone with all that power would limit its use to those who had "faith" (a non-Jewish concept, by the way), tell those he healed not to tell anyone that he could heal others as he did them, and outwardly reveal to a Samaritan woman that he is the promised Messiah but not say this to the Jewish Sanhedrin.

One of the main earmarks of the Jewish Messiah is that he will first be recognized and accepted by all Jews and their leaders BEFORE the nations do. The word "messiah" does not mean merely "anointed," but actually refers to someone installed by the Jews as their king. The "anointing," or marking someone as "messiah" is part of the inaugural process performed en masse by national Jewish agreement, not in secret.

The term "messiah" is not like the title "president-elect" as if speaking of someone who has yet to fully establish his kingdom. It refers to someone who has been bestowed with the "crown of authority," someone whose administration over Israel is already in place and functioning.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

From EverApostate:

Cant god inactivate the rebelling angels in a split second, stripping them off their power. (Or even faster since he is infinitely powerful)

He could. But He chooses not to. Could it be that permitting the

"war" to take place will eventually result in a better outcome than

preventing it? Many of us who've been into war zones and survived

come away with a much different attitude than when we went in. The

Gung Ho desire to destroy and obliterate gives way to shame and a

real hatred for war and violence.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

EverApostate » Why should there be a war in heaven, as the Bible says? War is possible only with materialistic and tangible living things. God and his angelic myriads are spirit creatures and how do you think a war is practical in this respect. Can't god inactivate the rebelling angels in a split second, stripping them off their power.

Most likely it was a war of words, not done with swords. God respects our free agency. As Father Kallistos Ware notes: "The source of evil lies thus in the free will of spiritual beings endowed with moral choice, who use that power of choice incorrectly." (The Orthodox Way, p. 75)

Before the creation of the world, one third of the hosts of heaven rebelled. Their defeat was certain, but the Adversary was willing to sacrifice his all to make a point. We don't know what the debate was over or what would have happened if Satan had won the majority; we just know he was doomed to defeat.

Ware also noted: "There has been a double fall; first of all the angels, and then of man." But what if we were those angels? What if those born into mortality were the two-thirds who were loyal, while the one-third who were rebellious were cast down to Earth to lead us astray?

"Prior to man's creation," Ware notes, "there had already occurred a parting of the ways within the noetic realm: some of the angels remained steadfast in obedience to God, others rejected him. Concerning this 'war in heaven,' (Rev. 12:7) we have only cryptic references in Scripture; we are not told in detail what happened, still less do we know what God has for a possible reconciliation within the noetic realm...." He even wonders if God will ever reconcile with Lucifer and his angels.

That I doubt.

The point is, we don't know enough to gauge the situation. We can only guess. The details must remain until later. After the resurrection, there will be no more war or dissension.

David Jay » The so-called Fall of Man, the War in Heaven, even "Satan the Devil" are all Christian inventions that, for lack of a better term, screws up the meaning behind the Jewish Scriptures.

Or they could be the results of further revelation. I understand why you would be skeptical, but in the end you may see it differently. Only time will tell. Christian and Jewish scholars have been battling for eons over this and the verdict is not in.

Your view that Jesus is God also remains to be seen. If we Christians are wrong, we're wrong. If you're wrong, then I suspect you would be equally willing to change. Jesus certainly enraged the Jews of his time with his claims of a divine nature.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Matthew 23:37

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 10:31-35

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit