How My Husband Helped Me See TTATT

by corruptgirl 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

A ditto almost to the T of our own experience -

I truly feel for those here who are not yet joined by their spouses / partners.

Now go and enjoy a REAL life !

• babygirl30
    babygirl30
    What a beautiful story! Your husband did it the right way...congratulations!!!
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    He never criticized or put down the organization, GB, elders, etc. Very important since one is so sensitive to that subject when you believe they are directed by Jehovah.

This is very, very important. Since the member is not able to distinguish or separate God from the Org. this is crucial to them even listening.

I hope the best for you all, and I hope you all still keep your faith in God.

Sad to say but you won't find any sympathy for this comment here. The majority of this forum, with all due respect, have tossed the baby out with the bathwater.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Welcome to the forum. So glad you and your husband are out together.

Enjoy the sweet air of freedom.

Now you will get to enjoy your little ones instead of trying to drag them around neighborhoods, and make them sit still in a Kingdom Hell.

• Giordano
    Giordano

and I hope you all still keep your faith in God.

We've never taken a survey but I imagine it's about 50/50 on this forum with non believers and believers. For a lot of ex JW's not believing in a god is simply a bridge too far. It's been hardwired into our brains from childhood on. In general I think we can understand the need for many people to believe.

At the present time it's important for an exiting person to keep stable and balanced and if a belief in a god is part of that then that is what you should do.

So for the sake of this discussion what do those of us who don't believe in a god actually believe? Don't be surprised...... but we believe in many more things now then we did as JW's

Many of us nonbelievers are drawn to Humanism.

Here are the core principles....... I have edited them down because I think it is important to understand that you don't lose your personal morality when a person becomes a non believer as nothing really changes internally:

• we are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.

• We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.

• We cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of resolving differences and achieving mutual understanding.
    • We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.

• We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.
    • We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race, religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of humanity.
    • We want to protect and enhance the earth, to preserve it for future generations, and to avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.
    • We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.

• We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.

• We respect the right to privacy. Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.
    • We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

My spouse and I have been talking recently about just this situation. We compared it to dominos falling. When one falls, so begins the continuation of many dominos falling.

How many more couples like corruptgirl and Sanchy are out there doubting the org. One domino hitting another. It may not be a huge downfall but it may make many still ins ask the question..."where is so and so and his family?"

We know there are many out here struggling with uber families (we are too) and it is frustrating but keep the hope that one day a domino may fall. Everyone faces different challenges and struggles and you never know when an uber dubs situation changes and that dominos falls. Let's hope so!

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl
    Thanks everyone for your warm welcome....i truly hope those of you still struggling with a spouse that is in can one day reach them. I actually had my second baby boy on February 26 and it was about a week later that I came to my realization about ttatt. Needless to say my husband is thrilled and now calls me his cute apostate wife. :-)

Terry -thanks for all the advice I will definitely keep it in mind.
    Pete Zahut - thanks or your reassurance in my sanity when it comes to my kids! They are almost 16 months apart. Can't wait for them to grow up together and of course without all the jw baggage we had as kids.
    Giordano - as I said, I'm obviously lost right now as to what I believe but I still want to believe there a is a god...i deffenitely respect everyone else's beliefs now though, something new to me. :-) jw's are very close minded when it comes to that or anything else actually.
    Thanks again everyone!
    Corrupt girl
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

corruptgirl - "I have to say I'm pretty proud of the fact that I came to my realization not by any 'apostate' material but only through comparing the WT publications to the Bible."

Yup, sometimes it really is that easy.

x

Some folks here haven't been able to fade/exit with their spouses.

Those of us that have should always remember how lucky we are.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I'm so proud of you Love. Thank you for always going about it with an open mind, always listening to me and expressing your point of view respectfully as well. I know you struggled greatly with the thought of having to live and raise your children with an "unbelieving spouse". I know that must have been a terrifying thought.

Now we shall slowly work our way out. It seems many more like us will inevitably result as the years go by, so we will need to be there for them, to help in their journey as well.

I love you.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sanchy and Corruptgirl

You are very fortunate to have one another!

Keep us posted on you progress.

Congrats with the new little one. Enjoy them, they grow FAST!

Hugs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit