Russian Court authorizes seizure of outlawed sect children

by cha ching 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My Take: Remove children from those parents who attempt to deny life saving medical procedures.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

That definitely put a stop to the preaching work in that country what parent is gonna want to risk having his kids taken from him by secretly doing the preaching work and cart work is a definite no no. I'm sure the government is well aware of WT sneaky tactics to keep them preaching to spread their indoctrination on to unsuspecting people.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I wonder if with Russia's extremist classification can they work international law to go after those at headquarters USA for monetary damages and other charges?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Jesus christ broke back, you are sick.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The ball is in the court of the parents. Anybody who gets their kids to "witness" in a banned country is an idiot.

I'm sure if any kids do get "taken away" we'll hear about it on jwborg.

• cha ching
    cha ching

It is definitely a sad situation, made even harder by what I am sure WT will "promote".. Just like WT did in Malawi, encouraging people to die for the sake of not buying "card."

WT uses and abuses while they live very snuggly in MY in their "castle compound."

Hopefully, WT will soon be exposed for their real selves, and people will drop the WT on their own, and have a real family life, one that does not separate members one from the other.

I am hoping, that just like all of us that have left, the propaganda from WT will have less hold, as they do not have indoctrination meeting after propaganda meeting one after the other, pounding the same tired things into their brains.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    sparrowdown: I'm sure if any kids do get "taken away" we'll hear about it on jwborg.

Of course. Hypocritical as always.

JW children are routinely taken away from their parents (made a ward of the court/state) in the States and elsewhere in order to administer life saving medical treatment to them. Countless number of JW children face removal from their parents' care in the Western world because JW parents refuse blood for them.

And, those cases don't make it to the org website. But, like you said, if a JW kid does get taken away from Russian JWs, it will be all over the org website and taken to the ECHR, shouted from the rooftops and whined about in their loudest voice.

• stillMS
    stillMS

I have an impression like listening to some Russian TV political show when reading OrphanCrow posts in this topic: 'evil Western world' attacking 'fair and nice Russia' - hmm, sounds way too familiar... Nice piece of propaganda.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Still MS, you really do have an issue with reading into words intentions and information that just simply isn't there.

I think that is called myopic vision or something like that...

Ah, no. Now I remember what it is - it is called ethnocentrism - the bane of all uninformed people

Still MS - your impressions are just that - an impression and that is all it is. Your impressions are meaningless with no substance.

At no time did I call the Western world "evil" - that is YOUR word. And, at NO time did I call Russia "fair and nice". Those are your words.

STOP putting words in my mouth (or, rather - into cyberspace)

All I am trying to do here is open up some eyes and brains for cult thinking/trained people so that they get a bigger picture of the world around them. The world does not revolve around the JWs and their myopic view of the world. The moon doesn't follow them around.

• stillMS
    stillMS

OrphanCrow - I'm sorry if I got you wrong, but the way you express yourself is very much like hundreds of pro-Russian trolls on the Web. And I was surprised to see such a thing happening even on the ex-jw board.

Not sure where you've seen people here believing JWs are the center of the Universe or where you noticed any 'ethnocentrism' (BTW first time I meet this word in my life) on my part. My only idea regarding this thread's topic is that by no means things happening to JWs in Russia now are the victory for the Justice. I don't claim anyone's right to believe those things are fair, but I personally am familiar with the developments on anti-JW campaign in Russia since 1990s, and am sure it's as far from pursuing any kind of justice and people protections as ISIS or North Korea from protecting human rights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit