Was the latest letter about not having unauthorized studies announced yet to the congregation today is 3-18-21

by goingthruthemotions 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• cha ching
    cha ching

Actually, before I left in 2012, I think in 2010 there were a group of older sisters getting together for Bible study research.. reading WT material. Elders put a stop to it back then.

• skin
    skin

Cha ching, even pre 2000, pre studying the WT in a group other than your close family, was stopped, for this very same reason. They were worried that there was no control over how deep possible researching beyond the WT study contents could go.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I remember there was a ministry article that went along the same lines right around the time I became PIMO. if you have the truth, no matter how you look at it, from which ever angle, it will still be the truth. That kind of rule is obvious fear of loosing control over people that don't have a firm grip on reality.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

There always have been 'unofficial' study groups, I imagine there always will be. The 'apostate' ideas that developed in the late 1970's/early 1980s in Brooklyn Bethel grew through these unofficial study groups. The WT leadership will never forget that!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit