JWs Demonstrating against the Demonstrators

by Listener 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

The organization never ceases to amaze.

You've got to see this video for yourself so I won't say much about it. I wonder if this practice has been endorsed and sanctioned by the Governing Body and if we will see more of it in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBUXBX1KTCI

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I've seen this type of thing done before where "watchmen" and attendants are used to surround people. It's a bit silly as most dubs are conditioned to ignore this stuff anyway.

• honest
    honest

Religion is the scourge of society.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Those are from the Attendant Dept. and they are instructed to not lay a hand on any protesters. "If attacked, or assaulted, you have the right to defend yourselves."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's a bit silly as most dubs are conditioned to ignore this stuff anyway.

JWs will see this as evidence that they ARE The Troof. Fulfillment of Jesus' words: "They will hate you......."

Clearly, the JWs appear to be the more respectable of the "kooks".

Doc

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Disturbing.

2 groups of Cultists battling each other.

Religion is poison.

• Saename
    Saename

I would have to say that JWs handled the situation better than most religious people would. The elders were calm and just stood there to ensure that no violence resulted from this occurrence. Take a look at how those sorts of demonstrations go in public. Usually there's heated debate (shouting) and, at times, violence.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Saename - "...Usually there's heated debate (shouting) and, at times, violence."

"You're wrong!

"No, you're wrong!!"

"Go f**k yourself!!!"

"Goddammit, I'll beat some sense into you!!!"

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Ridiculous ... both sides of the fence.

Eden

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

The attendants are providing a barrier for the attendees to leave.

It is people like this that helped justify the fear (indoctrinated) in me regarding apostates and thier message. I would have never listened to anything being yelled like this. I don't think this is a good method to get through to a JW. Maybe if it was a calm message about the number of child abuse cases and a website address given, it may have peaked an interest in me enough to go home and research privately but the talk about Jesus etc. and negative comments to individuals would've caused me to block them out completely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit