Bunker Video Sparks Family Drama!

by Wasanelder Once 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spiral
    Spiral

@LostGeneration, apparently the JWs are asked to have an "emergency bag" ready so they can flee somewhere. I didn't know this but apparently this was proscribed for everyone a few years ago. That was when they insisted on getting everyone's "emergency information" including their medical information. Some congregations have been more strict about this than others. So, I wonder if the bunker video is just another step towards prepper-ism.

• Half banana
    Half banana

JWleaks, what a stonking story about the LDS name attached to the bunker video.

Fantastic!

Btw what exactly is "prepper", I have never heard it this side of the pond.

• zeb
    zeb

jwleaks. Please if you can let us all see this video so we can download it for use.

• carla
    carla

My jw was kind of goofy for a few weeks after the convention, as usual. Over the years I have found it wears off pretty quickly and they return to normal whatever that is.

jw facts- that is awesome! please let us know how that goes.

• carla
    carla

Half banana,

A prepper is someone (or groups,families) who believe some catastrophe and chaos will come and they will be ready! Some have their homes filled with food, weapons, alternative medicines, energy sources, plans to keep those who did not prepare at bay, etc..... when the shit hits the fan (WTSHTF) I think that is the acronym. They come in all levels of paranoia, some more some less. Many have 'bug out bags' and escape routes planned.

They tend to be frugal self sustained types. Their websites do have some good ideas on food preservation and so forth. If the shit ever did hit the fan, I would want to know one of them!

I think most believe it will be government coming after the 'little guy' or a world war that would spur such chaos.

• undercover
    undercover

I expected some heat, as I had some immediate family (who were basically inactive and out, but had not yet made the final determination that the WTS/JWs were what we all know they are) attend the convention. I previewed a couple of the videos, and was preparing for the guilt trips and even ultimatums... but it never happened. Actually it was like they never attended. Sunday night was back to dinner out with friends (real friends, not phony JW ones), a few drinks, and then Game of Thrones on HBO.

In fact, it may be that the videos had a reverse effect. The videos are so guilt loaded and cultish, that for someone removed from the everyday indoctrination, and who has been living in the 'world' and enjoying it, the videos can be unsettling, and maybe eye opening.

• Watchtower-Free
  • TheListener
    TheListener

I don't get the bunker mentality. Did the dubs in the video really think their secret knock was a protection? As if the knock was wrong that the door wouldn't be kicked in? Did they have supplies down there? Toilets?

Didn't they think the neighbors would find it unusual that they have all these people coming in to visit and they never leave? did they all walk to the bunker house or drive cars and take up all the guest parking spots?

Perhaps the dubs need to start putting together Bunker Bags with food, water, toiletries and an anti kevin t-shirt.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Could someone post a link to that video? I know it has been posted before (Sorry)

• Londo111
    Londo111

JWleaks: if you ever flesh out more details in your last paragraph, I'd be most interested in reading it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit