Change(s?) to revised nwt

by Saltheart Foamfollower 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I don't think this has been picked up anywhere yet. The revised nwt released in 2013 is already out of date. The second half of Psalm 51:4 now reads "Therefore, you are righteous when you speak, You are right in your judgment" in the online version where the printed version reads "So that you might prove righteous when you speak, And be right in your judgment".

Fairly unimportant in itself, but I wonder what else has been changed without telling anyone.

• Sliced
    Sliced

Wow... crazy. To think they have the actual authority to change the bible... ughhh

• millie210
    millie210

I dont know what it says in the online version but the new gray Bible took out two of the cross references listed with Hebrews 10:25. The most important one now gone was Matthew 18:20.

Hebrews says "Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together..."

Matt 18:20 says "Where two or more are gathered in my name there my spirit will be also."

There were 4 cross references listed at Hebrews in the red Bible. Now there are only 2. That important one at Matthew 18 is gone. Why?

Could it be the Org doesnt want people to think they can gather in small groups?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Micah 6:8 Mathew 18:20 has not been taken out of thier bible.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Those scriptures are not the only one(s)...check NWT before the revised: John 8. verses 1-11 have been omitted, John 8 begins with verse 12. The scripture is about a Jesus and an adultress & a crowd wants Jesus to do something about it but he doesn't, he basically says who here has not sinned cross this line...when he looks up...everybody is gone. I found this scripture could have been used if one was re-proved or df'd. Maybe that's why they took it out.

Old NWT: John 8:1-11But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At daybreak, however, he again presented himself at the temple, and all the people began coming to him, and he sat down and began to teach them. 3 Now the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught at adultery, and, after standing her in their midst, 4 they said to him: “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of committing adultery. 5 In the Law Moses prescribed for us to stone such sort of women. What, really, do you say?” 6 Of course, they were saying this to put him to the test, in order to have something with which to accuse him. But Jesus bent down and began to write with his finger in the ground. 7 When they persisted in asking him, he straightened up and said to them: “Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And bending over again he kept on writing in the ground. 9 But those who heard this began going out, one by one, starting with the older men, and he was left alone, and the woman that was in their midst. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her: “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said: “No one, sir.” Jesus said: “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more.”

2013: NWT: 8 12 Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying: “I am the light of the world.+ Whoever follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light+ of life.”

Check it out 4 yourselves.

Tor

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole damnation book is out of date. They keep changing things here and there because the whole thing is full of lies. Not mistakes. Not errors. LIES!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Millie210: Could it be the Org doesnt want people to think they can gather in small groups?

Unless of course it is in basements hiding from police...(as in the 2016 drama videos!)

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

All of the text has undergone constant change forever. Over the millennia, there have been more changes to the NT text than there are words in it.

There is no universally accepted original text. There is no universally accepted canon of Scripture. (A scripture does not need a canon but a canon needs scripture.)

Doug

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

The light is getting brighter. The bible - rewritten by the Governing Body (TM)

Soon they will introduce additional bible books

(edit:last sentence added)

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

Ever notice in the new "Silver Sword" that the page headings in Psalms, some say "Psalm" and some say "Psalms". Flip through, you'll see it. It just bugs my OCD, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit