It's 2:00 AM; no, 1:00 AM

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, LV101, smiddy, and punk for posting.

LV101: Not my digs but I often stay there as caretaker! The roses you see have been maintained by me!

smiddy: I'll have to Google "night time deficits." We're on daylight savings time here. I recall from the film National Treasure that Riley mentioned DST was introduced by Ben Franklin. Can't remember why though.

punk: I think it was originally to give us daylight earlier as we approach the winter solstice. Back in the early '70s we here in the US went off temporarily and it was a problem for kids going to school in the dark, or some such.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

CoCo - I believe you are correct. I heard it was farmers in the UK....or some such. As for those little perrishers going to school in the dark. If it's anything like over here in Blighty, most of the 'orrible little savages get take to school in the car by their parents.

• LV101
    LV101

CoCo-- the roses are beautiful -- I'd say you have locked in job security.

• compound complex
  • compound complex
  • compound complex
    compound complex

LV101:

Well, the above isn't what I intended -- it's hardly Photoshop!

• LV101
    LV101

Coco - beautiful rose garden and yard. Roses are magnificent. What the springtime sun brings forth in a rose is beauty beyond compare. How many bottles of 'rose' fragrance is on the market at any given time and they are such horrible imitations/disappointment.

My beloved Grandmother in California had a rose garden and ordered from the Armstrong? Rose Farm, north central or northern California. Every color imaginable - row after row. Wish I'd taken pictures. I always think of her every time I purchase them when having guests - my weekly flower allowance only permits fresh gladiolas -- no, but I'm addicted to having them as a regular fixture. You've inspired me to keep roses inside all the time, also. Believe it or not, roses do very well in the desert climate - truly a miracle!

Thanks for the beautiful share - they're gorgeous.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear LV101, for sharing your story!

Cut flowers and potted plants indoors are a must.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit