Covid19 "Suggestions" (aka rules)

by Huxley1979 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    It’s not so much about obedience, it’s about image and liability.

If JW's disobeyed the CDC guidelines and continued attending meetings and going from door to door, they'd be known as Covid's Witnesses (not a good image).

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So a CO just said in his talk yesterday that anyone that doesn't follow the Branch's Covid19 "suggestions" is disobedient and the type of person that won't survive Armageddon.

I just got this email this morning. Funny how all of a sudden the screws are being tightened to continue the isolation. And that The Branch (said with lot's of reverb) is now being equated with God himself.

NOAH - Genesis 8, a break down. 7 months in the ark and it rested on the mountains of Ararat. About 2 months later he saw land. 40 days later he sent out a raven. 7 days later he sent out a dove and when it returned with the olive leaf he knew the waters had receded Gen 8:11 Noah could see land and from his vantage point… was it safe to leave the ark? No, he remained. Vs 12 he remained another 7 days. Did he leave then? No, he remained. Vs 13 11 months and he took the cover off. Did he say its time to go? Answer vs 14,15 he waited on word from Jehovah. He did not take it upon himself to decide when it was safe. He was there for a year and a week.
    Point: We and the friends may be anxious to return to what we have been doing in the past. Attending meetings at the KH and resuming public ministry. We should focus on the positive that has come from this. More meeting attenders, inactive return, experiences from telephone witnessing and letter writing. Waiting on the word of Jehovah from the branch, and focusing on the positive can help us stay safe.
    When leaving the ark what did Noah do first? Gen 8:20 he built an alter and offered burnt offering to Jehovah expressing his thankfulness. He recognized the ark as a means of salvation not an irritant.
    We too should appreciate our protected environment.

Another full of himself, little dictator, pompous-ass C.O. I sent a reply email asking why if The Branch is for JW's safety with their orders have some come down with the COVID-19 and died? What did those people do wrong?

I guess the JW's will be sitting in their basements or attics staring at their navels and sliding even further into the abyss of insanity for the foreseeable future.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Moses communicated directly with God. GB? Not so much proof and too much information that indicates other wise. But, Noah drank wine and got drunk and then took his clothes off. I cant remember if he did that first or built an alter. But, if you get drunk and take your clothes off Do Not tune into the meetings on Zoom.

• Huxley1979
    Huxley1979

Hi FedUpJW, interesting email, thanks for sharing. What I find interesting is that I know for a fact that many other countries haven't received these same "guidelines" or if so much less strict. Is the "Ark" only for the US witnesses?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUP JW:

Yes, I love their comparison to Noah’s Ark!

I cannot help but wonder if the religion wants this isolation to continue because Zoom is working out so well for them?

I suspect they want to sell off more kingdom halls.

• Huxley1979
    Huxley1979

LHG, I think you nailed it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HUXLEY1979:

Yeah, that’s my view of it..I’m also delighted that I was not contacted..even once during the last several months of this Covid crisis by any JWs. 👍🏻

I had read the Witnesses were trying to contact some ‘faders’ to reactivate them. I’m glad I wasn’t on anybody’s list. Nobody wasted a stamp. Well that’s good.

I guess these hypocritical Users know they weren’t going to get so much as the time of day from a retired person who was viewed so negatively back in the day. Maybe word got to them about my views about the religion!

• James Jack
    James Jack

I have had at least 10 Witnesses come to my shop to buy Hand Sanitiser and they all wore their masks even though I was the only one there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit