Do any of the governing body of JWs exercise their conscience?

by Half banana 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Exactly as Listener said above!

They genuinely don't think they have done anything wrong. They sincerely believe the stuff they preach.

• schnell
    schnell

My friend met Losch and asked him about the generations. Losch put his arm around him and said, "I know, we've gotten a lot of things wrong... But look ar how much we've got right!"

I've heard similar arguments from a special pioneer who was in their presence, so that seems to be the prevailing delusion.

• Half banana
    Half banana

"Look at how much we've got right". What! What! Losch reinforcing his newspeak with an emotional hug contact. Yuch! Show me one thing the JW org have got right; 1914? The governing body is chosen by holy spirit? We are in the last days? All of it unprovable. . .

There is nothing I can think of which indicates divine intercession in favour of any privileged and useful information given to the GB. Not anything EVER!

There is not one useful thing which the JW org has got right which other people have not come up with.

There is absolutely nothing worthwhile which the JW org has ever said which is worth changing course for.............. They have proved to be a bunch of delusional loonies.

The Watchtower: spouting nonsense since 1879.

• schnell
    schnell

Oh they're nuts, and I promptly told my friend about Losch's court statement to Judge Lewis in San Diego. He didn't know how to rationalize that other than to brush it aside.

I don't understand this friend. He came to my house the other day to confront me again about our beliefs, and said, "I've been where you are before, and ya know trust me, the answer is God and religion and..." Yep, the answer to the problem is the problem. That's how this works.

• Half banana
    Half banana

@ Island man, an interesting concept: the distinction between conscience and a "Bible trained" conscience.

The latter no doubt referring to where the brain has been rewired by the JW org.

Nevertheless the expression "Bible trained conscience" does imply that a superior conscience is available if you join JWs.

By leaving behind your natural conscience and applying your new BTC, however foolhardy you might be in losing your life by refusing a blood transfusion for example, it will get you having God's approval, or so you were led to believe. It would then be too late to say "I wish I had used my natural conscience instead."

"Bible trained consciences" should come with a health warning.

• flipper
    flipper

No. None of them have a conscience. They are a bunch of sociopaths

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My friend met Losch and asked him about the generations. Losch put his arm around him and said, "I know, we've gotten a lot of things wrong... But look ar how much we've got right!"

WTF has Watchtower ever been right about??!!

The WBT$ is run by a bunch of delusional crazies..

*Why Are There TV Cameras?*

*CRAP!..I Can`t Remember Why I`m Here*

Image result for Watchtower stephen lett

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Their conscious is designed and regulated toward the WTS organization which they are positioned at the head. That's where it exists and goes nowhere else, even when some the doctrines created by the WTS needlessly caused the deaths of thousands and they were notably fraudulent built upon novice bible theological interpretation..

• zeb
    zeb

The gb/wt has been showing for many months parallels to the last days of the Third Reich and Hitler. I began to compile them but there are too many an it is too depressing but I will leave it with this from what I have seen of the org broadcasts and the elders and Jackson at the ARC I am reminded of some thing Winston Churchill said of the Nazis, "They are either tearing at your throat or grovelling at your feet."

and the particular matter of conscience? you have all described it most accurately.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I had a similar thought this morning Zeb that all institutions and cults evolve, flourish and eventually die. As in Hitler's case, Nazism died in a bunker with its chief proponent committing suicide.

Any cult only serves the interests and the egos of its leaders. . . usually they are sociopaths, narcissists and ideologically fixated.

When their ideology becomes exposed for its fraudulence the last resort of the leadership is to demand unquestioning loyalty. The JW cult has already done it. Isn't this how cultists die with this demand ringing in their ears?

Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult run by egoists who are able to suppress the urgings of their natural conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit