Do any of the governing body of JWs exercise their conscience?

by Half banana 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Quite frankly, I don't believe that they believe any of it. They have demonstrated time and time again that they do not have a conscience. As such, they have no problem looking the other way and living the good life. Ray Franz was the only one who had enough balls to come out and say that it was all a farce. None of the current members would voluntarily "quit" now.

• blondie
    blondie

If they had a conscience, it died bit by bit as they progressed up the ladder of the WTS. And if a little bit survived until they were made a GB member, they are carefully watched and trained to fit in and not rock the boat. None have had a conscience since Ray and others left or were asked to leave in the early 80's.

Milgram experiment:

http://www.simplypsychology.org/milgram.html

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes they have a ingrained conscious to support the organization at all costs and means, ever more so that they themselves hold a very special stature of power within organization which they also personally live off of.

They have even instigated a half truth policy when cornered into a postilion in revealing its operations or doctrines.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sorry - "The GB are old egomaniacs that are out of touch with reality..."

Yup.

An easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My Name is of No Consequence - "Quite frankly, I don't believe that they believe any of it...."

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that they know it's wrong... but believe it's true... at the same time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "...ever more so that they themselves hold a very special stature of power within organization which they also personally live off of..."

Without the Org, these men would have nothing.

They would BE nothing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "...They have even instigated a half truth policy when cornered into a postilion in revealing its operations or doctrines."

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Listener
    Listener

To them their conscience is clear.

If something is wrong then

1. It is not the proper time for it to be clarified

2. It's not a problem, they are imperfect

3. The answer is to wait on Jehovah to clarify matters

4. In the meantime, they are showing humility by accepting the first 3 points.

5. If they personally believe something is incorrect but not agreed upon by the greater majority of GB members, then the first four principles apply.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Good points Listener, it seems to be a watertight system! Smug, smug, smug, God only blesses us!

It is of course hard to imagine the interior monologue of one of the GB members.

My theory is that only those who have ditched their conscience for worldly glory can accept the poisoned chalice which comes with being top dog in the Watchtower cult.

As I see it, and tell me if I am wrong, the GB members feel inordinately honoured to belong to this elite club. They have a task handed down to them which they are honour bound to fulfil without scruple. It is that they have to convince their flock for the duration of their incumbency that Armageddon is immediately about to happen.

Only if they succeed in doing this will the cult survive.Their success as members of this club is measured by the increase in number of subscribers to this confidence trick.

• Island Man
    Island Man

The indoctrination overpowers their conscience. They tell themselves that they cannot trust their natural, humane conscience because it is imperfect and flawed. So they ignore their natural conscience to obey their "bible-trained" conscience. The rank and file do the same thing when it comes to issues like shunning and let their child die from lack of blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit