Memorial campaign with videos??

by BeautifulMind 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I'd love to see the data. I suspect if you looked at a bar chart of memorial attendance over the last 30 years, I suspect you'd see ZERO impact on that chart since the invitation work started.

Memorial attendance declined, 2015 vs. 2014.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    I noticed the decline in attendance too last year. Lots of empty seats.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Based on a quick search, it appears the dedicated Memorial invitation distribution campaign started 9 years ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/130927/help-locating-some-info

Given the effort, time, and expense involved in this global annual month-long campaign, one would expect to see -- starting in 2007-- a marked jump in the incremental year-over-year increase.

(Memorial Attendance chart courtesy of JWFacts.com)

Call me stupid, but I don't see any evidence that the invitation campaigns have done a single thing to increase attendance.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Since memorial on a Wednesday I suspect lower attendance.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Outlaw showed the old phonographs. At least the WTS provided those - the pubs now have to find £? for a phone or tablet.

The printed invitations caused some comment down at the the Hall. No pic of Jesus on the front. Instead that dreamy looking blonde girl and boyfriend overlaid on a scene of a small boy leading a horse but being apparently chased by a pair of angry elepants.

What's all that about?

• steve2
    steve2

They drop by your doorstep to ask to show you a video that features a website that tells you how to ask for a visit.

There is something incredibly back-to-front about that - and inefficient.

• SAHS
    SAHS

stuckinarut2”: As with all "new" forms of activity, it is for the purpose of keeping those IN occupied and distracted...NOT about those outside....

That appears to be what really has been going on, from a human anthropological perspective.

“steve2”: They drop by your doorstep to ask to show you a video that features a website that tells you how to ask for a visit.

Absolutely PRICELESS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit