Memorial campaign with videos??

by BeautifulMind 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle
    someday, will the WT be desperate for memorial attendance numbers, to have memorial program online? Really, why do people have to go, scramble from work, to make memorial, herd in and out as cattle. for other cong. when there is only 1 partaker per 8 congs. It's just another of their whirlwinds.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

An elder and his wife showed me the video...

I must admit that I found the experience quite intreging.

First, saw a preview of the paradise similar to a travelling agency ad. Than, it was the first time that I saw a sneak peek of the "Passion of the Christ" with a stake rather than a cross. In the mist of this, in the cold of winter, I reflected on how my old conditional friends, standing there, needed to do this in order to feel good about their lives and themselves. I was overwhelmed by a feeling of pity.

And than, the video quoted Jesus saying do this every year in remembrance of me; all the while, showing a bread plate being passed, untouched, from one hand to another. At that point, I had a hard time keeping my composure as I found it hilarious.

When Jesus said "this", do you believe that "this" meant "siting in large groups at various churches and basically, don't eat and touch anything?". What does that have to do with the Passover? Jesus simply brought a twist to the Jewish Passover, which is essentially a meal with your family and close friends reminiscing the past. Now, Christians were expected to reflect on the death of Jesus when they ate the bread and the wine. Small change really. Yet, JWs made it something entirely different!

Sadly, I had to pause and remind myself that behind those nice smiles, and despite the fact that they sincerely looked invested in bringing me the best they had, this couple would not hesitate a second to drag me in a JC for apostasy should I ever express my thoughts on the matter.

So, I remained very polite and courteous and wrapped things up with something like: "Well, that is very thoughtful. Thanks for stopping by." And off they went.

Than, as they walked away, I was thinking: Once my remaining living JW family passes away, I will be such a vocal apostate, you won't believe!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for the video respectful_observer.

Hardly arresting or rivetting stuff. Very bland indeed with nary a hint of the urgency that once echoed through jw publications.

I cannot imagine anyone outside the organization's field of influence being interested.

BTW, during the video they slyly avoid drawing attention to the torture stake (which would complicate the presentation because householders would expect to at least see a cross) so the video fades away to another scene as the stake is erected, with the written inscription above Christ's head looming a little like a cross-beam. Nice softly-focused impression-management.

As if to prime invitees on what to (NOT) do when emblems are passed, the video shows rows of attendees passing the emblems without partaking. Hint, hint. Talk about orchestrated displays.

How odd to 'keep doing this in remembrance of me' by not partaking!

• antes8080
    antes8080
    If they are able to show a video and a person dose not slam the door in their face is a great response.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    I just viewed the video, thanks for posting that link respectful_observer. Wow ....that video seemed like an eternity long instead of just under 2 minutes. It stirred up zero interest in attending!
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Video showing is now part of what we HAVE to report monthly.

One more thing to be judged on. One more to be a liar about. 😕

DY

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So many new and exciting things going on now! Oh wow, I think I'll go back! NOT!

Legends in their own minds.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Scientologists have a slew of crazy videos too, produced down in Clearwater, FL. I don't watch any of them either.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Regular JWs at your door normally have very plastic smiles. Like people that have been told to smile but are crying on the inside and don't really want to be there.....Simon

..............................Image result for fake smile

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Video showing is now part of what we HAVE to report monthly.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll be sure to include the views from this thread on my report for March!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit