"There will be earthquakes...."

by Fisherman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The USGS estimates that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year.Jan 13, 2015

Cut and pasted.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

A couple of years ago I had to install a very sensitive instrument in an Earth Quake Zone just a couple of miles from an actual "Fault".

So I researched on the Internet, "Faults", "Earthquakes" and "Seismic Activity", up until that point I had always believed that "Earthquakes" were increasing, I believed the JW propaganda. Now I know that I was lied too, there is nothing unusual about the amount and intensity of Earthquakes today, it is just scaremongering to keep the R&F in line.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Earthquakes were recorded on Mars

that made me giggle, not criticizing in anyway

But is "Marsquakes" valid?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I remember reading it as a kid, i was going to show another kid at school and was stunned, I didn't share the composite sign idea with him.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    How the hell did Jesus get the earthquake app. on his phone?? Also what they left out of the bible was " ....there will be forest fires that shall ravage the ground. And verily flash floods and drought where the rain does not fall....verily the Rolling stones shall live through many overlapping generations..."
  • steve2
    steve2
    There are also significant areas of the earth that are least prone to earthquakes. These are central Canada, Eastern Russia, large parts of Australia and Africa - this continent is the least seismically active.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    BB, very interesting view. I also think that the persons that Jesus was referring to as "you" that he expected them to see the sign should have been able to perceive earthquakes in some remarkable way as part of the prophecy which was meant to conclusively signal Jesus' παρουσία. The open question to the devil's advocate is, can you show anything remarkable about the earthquakes during the 1914 era? Given the prophecy, in order for its fulfillment, that integral aspect of it must realize or else Jesus ain't present.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Ok, lets put this into perspective.

we live on a dynamic planet, right???? mostly made of water....correct?

what happens when you have water and rocks, dirt spinning at a high speed 24/7.

of course things are going to move. this movement could also be called earth quakes. the tectonic plates are always moving....they have been since the beginning of time and will always move.

so yes, don't thing to much about it. there has always been earth quakes and will always be earth quakes...big and small. just worry about living a good life and keep it in perspective.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The app I use is QuakeFeed

Aprox 32 earthquakes so far today all over the world.

• kaik
    kaik

There are also significant areas of the earth that are least prone to earthquakes. These are central Canada, Eastern Russia, large parts of Australia and Africa - this continent is the least seismically active.

The EQ can strike everywhere, and no area on earth is immune to it. In Canada, small EQ can be related to post-glacial, isostatic rebound, which can be observed all over the world that were under glaciation. However, the earth crust under cratons like in Canada is stable, and EQ not frequent. Nonetheless, they still occur, but not on scale and frequency as they happened along the rift. Also it is necessary to mention that geology does not know all the fault and fractures, and in places like Australia and Canada there are not old records that can pinpoint into possible rifts.

There is also not agreement on all the possible continental plates and microplates. When I studied a plate tectonics, some articles pointed that African plate is splitting in two (Nubian plate and Somali plate), but other research indicates that it splits in three (within Zambia). Even within USA there is no agreement what causes Madrid quake outside Memphis, TN, which was the strongest EQ in lower 48 states in history of USA and stronger than any EQ in California in last 200 years. East Russia is also thought to be a plate of its own, where lake Baikal is a rift, but the movement of the plates against each other is stable (about less than 1mm per year). It does not mean that EQ would not happen there as well. Central Europe, due pressure of Alps and Carpathians against stable Bohemian massif, can generate strong EQ as high as 8 magnitude, which happened last time in 1786. It is totally forgotten and similar quake will be deadly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit