Why do JW's never pray for the Spirit of Jesus?

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    One thing to be clear about. Friendships and 'Christian' love - according to the GB -is absolutely 100% conditional!! ie as long as you tow the line and don't question 'anything'
  • Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
  • Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Stanlivedeath
    Its a good job your not baptised--because if you were---asking questions like this it could get you disfellowshipped.

Evilapostate
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet

NinaCee
    I will tell you that Stan is right; challenging existing Watchtower doctrine is a definite no-no and will get you in hot water

Haha, it turned out that I did not dodge a bullet after all. Last Tuesday I had two elders visiting who had a talk with me. The conversation went actually quite well but ultimately they asked if I still believe if the org is God's only channel for us. I had not prepared anything what I could say in case they would come up with this question. So.. turned out that my answer was not the right one.

In the watchtower for January 9-15 I saw the following

Some may feel that they can interpret the Bible on their own. However, Jesus has appointed the ‘faithful slave’ to be the only channel for dispensing spiritual food.

This is literally what they told me. I like to read and study a lot, and one of these elders literally said that I am studying too much. What the org publishes is of course sufficient for all of us!

I am actually happy that it is now over. Since I am already considered not worthy of talking to, I have decided to visit all the African families in my village that I know are studying with the witnesses from my congregation. Wednesday and yesterday I have visited three families, in total they are 12 people. I was very, very happy that they all listened and they were actually quite shocked to hear some of the things JW's believe in but never told them. The mediator thing is a no go for all of them. None was wanting to accept this teaching. One family had not yet heard of the 1914 teaching, and literally had to laugh really hard about this teaching. Together with my own Congolese study of 8 people it is already 20 Africans that are no longer willing to study with the witnesses. There are some other Africans studying with witnesses in my village. Hopefully they will be also willing to listen.

Now I am really interested in what will happen. I think the brothers and sisters that study with these African families are not yet aware that their studies know all these things now, since it has been only a really short time ago. If they find out that I did this, what can they do? They will be angry with no doubt. I am just wondering, there is nothing they can do, because they have to shun me, right?

At my university, there are a lot of international students coming from all over Europe, Asia and America. Buddhists, Christians, Muslims, all kinds of beliefs. Listening to their stories of what they believed really made me think; who am I to judge about what others believe? Why would their belief be wrong, if they are happy with it? This is exactly the attitude JW's are promoting. When I entered the JW's a few years ago, I honestly thought they did not judge other people so much. Turned out that they are, in my view, actually the most judgmental people anyone can think of.

Really happy to be gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit