Why do JW's never pray for the Spirit of Jesus?

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NikL
    NikL

I looked up Romans 8:9 in the NWT and it reads...

9 However, you are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit,+ if God’s spirit truly dwells in you. But if anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this person does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in union with you,+ the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If, now, the spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead+ will also make your mortal bodies alive+ through his spirit that resides in you.

So here is another example of how Jesus seems to be the same as god...even in their own bible.

I am not saying I believe that to be the case, just that I find it interesting.

BTW congrats on dodging a bullet.

• fukitol
    fukitol

If God or Jesus answer your prayers and send you their 'spirit', then that is divine intervention.

But if you ask a Christian why God never lifts a finger against all the evil and suffering in the world, the answer is God cannot intervene because it is contrary to free will.

Cant have it both ways.

• Giordano
    Giordano

yesu kristo bwana wangu:

thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I am familiar with the disfellowship policy. However, I thought they only do this to baptised people? I am an unbaptised publisher. Can they still decide to officially shun me?

Since your not Baptized they probably will not make an official announcement to the congregation. However you will be shunned informally.........avoided at all costs.

Because you have probably developed some relationships you should understand that a fair number of your fellow congregants would prefer to not shun you....unfortunately they must or be shunned in return. This is, by the way is............ Coercion.

Coercion is the practice of forcing another party to behave in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats.

The Society has always had a pathological fear that anyone not toeing the line is dangerous. Since they have botched up their beliefs for the last 130 years or so and have gone beyond the scriptures....they are easy to defeat in a discussion. Which is another reason why most JW's will run away from you.

What's important is that you have caught on very early that the WTBT$ is a high control religion and real estate holding company.

You are on a journey that we are all on be it religious, or life affirming.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs will oficially shun disfellowshipped members but they reserve the right to unofficially shun anyone they want based on the arbitrary term of "bad ascociation." A bad associate would include anyone that knows "the truth" - that is their teachings but continues to contradict their teachings.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I was shocked when I discovered Jesus was not my mediator. I found this out 10 years after my baptism when reading crisis of conscience.

Also, the insight book mentions how Jesus 'employs' God's holy spirit as mentioned in Acts Chapter 2.

Jesus is often simply referred to as the 'Ransom' and that we 'the great Crowd 'benefit' from Jesus ransom sacrifice though he is not our mediator.

• Steel
    Steel

Jws essentially just believe the new testament was just written for the annoited which can only later be understood by the magical seven.

Blah blah blah

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"... the magical seven."

The seven gutless wonders!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    I am an unbaptised publisher. Can they still decide to officially shun me?

Yes - they can and they will do it.

They will annouce at the meedweek-meeting:

Person xy is no longer an unbaptised publisher.

This announcment indicates to all JWs in the hall, that "something" is wrong with you.

BUT: JWs can count there hours "preaching" to you. So it may be, that some JWs will still assosiate with you and write down the hours on there monthly timeslip. The love of the JW is always conditional - it depends on your beliefs (that you do not contradict the JW doctrines).

• cofty
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They the JWs are so concerned that any credits goes to Jesus you'll automatically become a trinitarian. They then completely relegate Jesus as just a tool once an angel "Michael " to be used by God as a human sacrifice. For being willing to go along with being sacrificed he Michael gets to become king for awhile and that's about it. I realize this is a over simplification but it's pretty close to the truth.

They completely miss the piont that Jesus is elevated to god like status for what he did weather you believe in the trinity or not he still becomes a God!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit