Next year will be a very tough year for me

by never a jw 10 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

My New Year resolution is to invest more of my time with my family and friends. Also, as I approach retirement ( I am 50), I need to make sure there's enough to keep me and my wife going beyond our eighties.

I want to thank all of you because my time here, posting and reading, have been a great learning experience. Many of you have had a lasting influence in my views and interests on some subjects. Many names come to mind, but I will write the three main ones: Leolaia, Ann O'maly and Cofty. Many others also have had an immense influence on me, but as a group. They are all those who posted the heart wrenching experiences that made me aware of the evil side of religion. Thank you.

I apologize to those that I insulted, Some times my entrenched views can get me carried away.

What's going to make 2016 tough is my vow not to post here anymore. This site is addictive because many wise and knowledgeable people here share their knowledge and wisdom with the rest of us. Thank you. I will occasionally drop by to read comments regarding our common "friend" who keeps our relatives and friends captives. I hope I get to see the denouement of the Watchtower saga in my lifetime.

OK, Keep an eye on me. If I break my vow, then you can claim $100.00 prize. Send me a PM with a P.O.box to where I should send the money order.

I solemnly swear.not to post anything in 2016...just 2016.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Regarding the prize for catching me breaking my vow, only one winner is allowed. the first one to send me a PM.
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I don't know where you are, but if you are in the US, you are nowhere near the age of retirement at 50.
  • talesin
    talesin
    All the best! We have learned from you, too. You can make a big difference to your retirement if you start now - 15 or 20 years left. It's never too late. xx
  • cofty
    cofty

All the best and thank you for your contributions to the forum.

See you in 2017?

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    50 can be close to retirement if your in a union or have been good with your money. I hope that you have a good year!
  • jhine
    jhine

Have a great 2016 ,, see you in 2017 .

Jan

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Best of luck in 2016

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Wasn't 2016 already started Down Under when you posted this? :-D :-p ;-)

Have a good year!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Safe at home,

True. In fact I don't plan to stop working until I stop breathing. However, I don't want to spend my last decades depending solely on a government check. That's not enough if my plans are to visit all, or at least most countries that are represented in this site. So far it's just the U.S., Mexico and Canada.

Andersen,

It's only 6:20 pm in Chihuahua Mexico where I am now. I got few more hours to go.

Happy New 2016 to everyone at JWN. I hope many more lurkers turn to the "Dark Side" in 2016.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit